Because every scout deserves a “Trained” leader.
New Leader Training/Position Specific – Just getting started in Boy Scouting? To begin your training to be a Boy Scout Adult Leader, begin with these courses that are developed, not only for the new leader, but also for the protection of the youth and to help you to understand the basics of Boy Scouting. These courses are required, along with the appropriate Position Specific training, to be considered completely Trained in your registered position.
Council OLS Training - Outdoor Leader Specifics Training provided by the Council Training Committee
Training courses can be taken online at www.my.scouting.org
- Create an account — this can be done with or without your BSA membership ID.
- If you enter your membership ID, your training records will be updated at the Council Office.
- If you are not yet registered, you can still take training, just print the certificate at the end of each course.
- After your account is created you will receive an email with a link. Click the link to activate your My.Scouting account. This must be done before you can log in. If you do not receive an email, check your spam/junk folder.
- Once you log in to my.scouting, click Home at the top left corner. Then click my dashboard. It will default to the My Training section which was also enhanced providing 4 new tab selections:
- YPT – displays the Youth Protection training courses available.
- Training Center – displays the Scouting programs containing the training courses applicable to the specific program.
- Requirements – displays training courses required to become position-trained for your current registered position(s).
- Completions – displays training courses that were completed.
- Submit your certificate of completion to your District Training Chair.
Already know what you’re looking for?
Council Map – Find your District
Training Chairs – Locate your District’s Training Chair for more information