District Advancement helps units understand the advancement program and processes to ensure that the youth in the program are learning the information properly and being recognized in a timely manner for their knowledge growth in the Scouting program.
If you have any questions, contact our District Advancement Chair
Eagle Scout Advancement
When the Scout obtains the Rank of Life, the Troops Eagle Adviser begins providing guidance by discussing additional required merit badges, Eagle Projects, and any time limitations.
- When the Scout has a project ready for District review, the Troop Eagle Adviser makes sure the Scout has completed the "Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal".
- You can access the online version of this form by going to the HOAC web site.Click Here
- The completed proposal must be reviewed by the Troop leadership and has all three of the required signatures (Unit Leader, Unit Committee and Beneficiary).
- The Scout brings his signed and approved "Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal" in a three-ring binder to the District Roundtable held on the first Thursday of each month for comments and approval by the District. It is recommended that the Scout bring their "Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal" between 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
Eagle Boards of Review
- When the Scout completes their service project and all other requirements for Eagle, the Scout completes the Eagle Scout Rank Application. The Scout then takes the Eagle Scout Rank Application to HOAC for final review, approval, and signature.
- The Scout will complete their written statement of life ambitions, reference letters from: parent; religious leader; principal or educator; two other references; and employer, if applicable. Please click on the link to access this form. Life to Eagle Reference Letter.
The reference letters are to be collected by the Troop Eagle Adviser or Troop Committee to make sure that they are in a sealed envelope. Please mark each envelope with the Scouts name, Troop number and who the reference letter is from, i.e. parent, educator, etc.
- The Eagle Advisor or Troop Committee gathers all paperwork (Eagle Application, completed and signed Eagle Service Project Workbook, Certificate Return form, life ambitions and recommendation letter) and contacts: Mr. Craig Jones - (816) 254-1013, Jones Taxidermy, 123 W. Lexington Ave., Independence, MO 64050.
- Craig Jones will review all paperwork and will set up a time for the Eagle Board of Review at the Blue Springs VFW (1104 W Main St, Blue Springs, MO 64015) on the first Thursday in December then fourth Thursday of each month, starting in January 2022 or at the next available time.
- The troop will provide at least three individuals that are not the Scouts Parents, Assistant Scoutmaster, or Scoutmaster for the set time of the Eagle Board of Review.
Note: Please make sure that you are using the current forms mentioned above.
If you have any questions on the correct date of a form, please contact David McLean or Craig Jones.
Boy Scout Program
Merit Badge Program
The Merit Badge program allows any Boy Scout or any qualified Venturer to learn about sports, crafts, science, trades, business and future careers. The youth will also pick up some valuable life skills along the way as they earn these merit badges.
Merit Badge Counselor Training
Merit Badge Counselor training is held, September, November, January, March and May at the Blue Elk District Roundtable, unless otherwise specified.
Cub Scout Program
Venturing Award, Discovery, Pathfinder & Summit;
Ranger, Quest, TRUST and more
Reporting internet advancement is a requirement of the Boy Scouts of America. All units should select an advancement processor who is granted access with a council provided unit ID. It is recommended that units report advancements monthly to ensure timely credit for a youth's achievements.
All advancement must be reported to local councils. This is important in keeping member records up to date and it assures an accurate count in the Journey to Excellence performance recognition program.
Visit the council's advancement page for more information on advancements.