General information for all Cub Scout Camping can be found here.
You can always find the latest news about Soaring Eagle Scouting Activities on our Facebook Page:
Soaring Eagle District Facebook Page
Soaring Eagle Community Service
Community Service is an important part of Scouting. Through community service, we promote better citizenship in our members. The BSA Journey to Excellence program helps units include that as a part of a well-rounded unit program. For more information about community service, using the Journey to Excellence website to reflect your commitment to community service, and learn about community service opportunities, go to HOAC Community Service.
Soaring Eagle Merit Badge Forum
The Soaring Eagle District will hold its’ Fourth Annual Merit Badge Forum in January 2020.
The links below will direct you to Detailed Information and the Electronic Registration Form
Registration must be done electronically by Units (Troops/Crews/Ships).
Individual registrations will not be accepted.
Registration deadline is December 6th, 2019.
Church of the Resurrection l 13720 Roe Avenue l Leawood, Kansas 66224
Saturdays, January 4th & 25th, 2020 l 8:00am – 12:45pm
Electronic Registration Form
Please direct questions to the District Merit Badge Forum Coordinator
Herb Strain; email@example.com
or the Soaring Eagle District Director
Matt Gettys; firstname.lastname@example.org
Soaring Eagle District Dinner
February 6, 2020
District Dinner will be held at the Museum at Prairiefire (5801 West 135th Street, Overland Park, KS 66223).
The Early Bird Fee is $25 per person before January 10, 2020. Regular Registration is $30 per person after January 10, 2020. Reception and private museum tour is $10 per person.
- Reception with drinks and private museum tour from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM (Adults 21+ Only).
- Dinner and Awards Program from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
The Annual District Dinner is our opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments of volunteers who have shown amazing service to youth in their unit and the Soaring Eagle District.
The evening will culminate in the awarding of the District Award of Merit, the highest award a district can bestow upon an individual.
Soaring Eagle 2019 Award Recipients
Award of Merit:
• Becki Clary - SE District Popcorn Chair
• Rick Fiori - Scouts BSA/Venturing RT Commissioner
Outstanding Unit Leader Award:
• Thomas Forbach - Den Leader - Pack 3383
• Nick Stevens - Cubmaster - Pack 3002
• Angela Grondahl - Committee Chair - Pack 3002
• Mike Herzog - Eagle Coach - Troop 218
• William Mandry - Quartermaster - Troop 218
• Anthony (Tony) Parrack - Scoutmaster - Troop 483
Above and Beyond:
• Jeff Baker - Troop 10,
• Russell Kohl - Troop 6449
Outstanding Cub Pack:
• Pack 3002
Outstanding Scout Troop:
• Troop 6010
• Art Shaffer
- Herb Strain Silver Beaver Award recipient will have
it presented at the Silver Beaver Dinner in May of 2020.
- Darin and Cari Duffin of Midwest Aquatics North Star Award recipients will be presented at the Silver Beaver Dinner in May of 2020.
Questions or Concerns? Contact Tony Corporon or Matt Gettys.
Register Now District Dinner Flyer