Camp Promo Teams Day Camp Bear Camp Webelos Camp
Bartle Naish Rotary Camp STEM Camps
Adventure Weekends Florida Sea Base Philmont Northern Tier
The Summit Order of the Arrow Mic-O-Say Summer Camp Staff
A key task of the Camping Committee is to provide information about the positive impact of camping on your unit program. Of course, we want every unit in our district to camp and we want to see all of them camp at one of council camps as part of their resident camping program! To help share information about our camping programs and the benefits of camping on your unit program, you will soon have the ability to schedule a Camp Promotion Presentation for your unit.
We are in the process of assembling Cub Scout and Scouts BSA Camp Promotion Teams who will be prepared to visit your unit to share more information about our camp programs and how to take advantage of these experiences. Surveys continually affirm that units who have youth and adults attend camp have better programs, gain ideas from other people and have more fun in Scouting than those that do not camp as part of their program!
Look forward to having one of these Camp Promotion Teams visit your unit soon!
Iron Horse District offers a Day Camp program each summer that is available to all Cub Scouts! Please visit our dedicated Day Camp page for details on Day Camp!
- Bartle - A ten-day, nine-night camping experience in the summer for Scouts BSA. Summer Camp at Bartle features merit badges, outposts and the Tribe of Mic-O-Say to name just a few available programs! Bartle Summer Camp dates, registration, forms, and more can be found by clicking HERE!
- Naish - A seven-day, six-night camping experience in the summer for Scouts BSA. Summer Camp at Naish features merit badges, outposts and the Order of the Arrow to name just a few available programs! Naish Summer Camp dates, registration, forms, and more can be found by clicking HERE!
- Rotary - Rotary Camp offers a long-term camp experience for Scouts with Special Needs. Campers must be registered in a Scouts BSA Troop or Venturing Crew to attend Rotary. Rotary Camp dates, registration, forms and more can be found by clicking HERE!
- STEM - A new area of camps for the Heart of America Council include camps for Scouts of all ages and in all our programs. HOAC is currently offering a STEM Day Camp for Cub Scouts, Webelos STEM @ Bartle, and a one-week Bartle STEM Camp in the summer for Scouts BSA and Venturers. STEM Camping information can be found by clicking HERE!
- Adventure Weekends - Weekend camping at Naish Scout Reservation the provides flexible programming for your Troop or Crew. Program features include Shooting Sports, COPE activities, varied merit badge programs, Climbing Tower programs, and more! Adventure Weekend information can be found by clicking HERE!
Order of the Arrow (OA) is the national honor society of the Boy Scouts of America. The mission of the Order of the Arrow is to fulfill its purpose as an integral part of the Boy Scouts of America through positive youth leadership under the guidance of selected capable adults. OA fulfills its mission by recognizing those that best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives with these additional opportunities, promoting camping as essential in every Scout's experience, further developing leaders in Scouting to use those skills in and out of Scouting, and build habits of cheerful service to others.
At the local level, Tamegonit Lodge operates within the Heart of America Council to support Scouting throughout the council. The lodge is divided into Chapters which match the geographic district boundaries of the Council. The Chapter is led by a youth Chapter Chief and advised by an adult Chapter Advisor. Our Chapter Chief is AJ and his Advisor is Skip McGurk. To contact the Chapter leaders, we ask that you call or email Skip, whose contact information can be found on the IH District Leadership Page.
Our Chapter is available to the units of Iron Horse District to support many different programs. Among the programs they help support include Webelos crossover ceremonies at Cub Scout Pack Blue & Gold Ceremonies, Troop & Crew OA Elections, Callout Ceremonies to announce those elected or nominated to the Order of the Arrow, and staffing various district activities and events. If you would like to take advantage of any of the program the OA conducts to support your program, please feel free to contact the OA Chapter:
Additional information about the Order of the Arrow and Tamegonit Lodge can be found by clicking HERE!
The Tribe of Mic-O-Say serves as a leadership enhancement program of the Heart of America Council designed to help the Heart of America Council fulfill its mission of preparing the young people of Eastern Kansas and Western Missouri to make ethical choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
Mic-O-Say accomplishes its purposes by affording members ongoing opportunities for introspection on Scouting values as well as practical application of those ideals. The program is focused on Scouts who have shown leadership abilities through specific achievement and growth, and provides them with a distinctive lifelong direction. The program is energized by memorable customs and traditions.
Tribesmen who have embraced the principles of Mic-O-Say will find their lives enriched by a vision raised to higher sights, see their performance increased beyond previous limitations, and will develop lifelong friendships. They will stand tall within their communities as examples of unselfish service and of willing leadership.
Additional information about the Tribe of Mic-O-Say can be found by clicking HERE!
Each summer, all of the HOAC Resident Camps offer staff positions, paid and volunteer, for youth and adults. Paid positions are available to individuals 15 years of age and up. HOAC offers a limited Counselor-in-Training program at Naish Scout Reservation for 14 year-old youth. There are volunteer Camp Commissioner positions and other volunteer roles available to adults throughout the summer camp season as well. To learn more about summer camp staff or to apply for summer camp staff, click HERE!