The Blue Elk District Commissioner Staff is ready and willing to help your pack, troop, team and crew. For Commissioner assistance please contact the District Commissioner (contact information provided at right of page).
As commissioners, we share the BSA’s mission: To prepare youth to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Every member of the BSA has a great Scouting experience.
- Supporting unit growth and retention through the journey to excellence.
- Contacting units and capturing in commissioner tools their strengths, needs, and a unit service plan that enables continuing improvement.
- Linking unit needs to district operating committee and other resources.
- Supporting timely unit, district, and council charter renewals.
- Supporting unit leaders by collecting and distributing information, enabling program training, and providing networking opportunities.
Journey to Excellence
"Scouting’s Journey to Excellence” is the BSA’s new council performance recognition program designed to encourage and reward success and measure the performance of our units, districts, and councils. It is replacing the Centennial Quality Awards Program as a means of encouraging excellence in providing a quality program at all levels of the BSA. Click here for more information and to be taken to the National JTE Web site.
Don't know your unit ID number? No problem! Click here for a listing.