Kaw District Friends of Scouting
The Friends of Scouting Campaign keeps Scouting an affordable, effective youth development program. It funds the council's infrastructure, or general operating portion of the budget, and provides a support system for the more than 18,000 volunteers and 700 community organizations that partner with the Heart of America Council.
The campaign is divided into two separate efforts: The Family Friends of Scouting Campaign, which solicits contributions from scouting families, and the Friends of Scouting Community Campaign, which seeks contributions from business and community leaders.
Your Gift to Friends of Scouting ensures:
* Every youth in the Kansas City Metro area has the opportunity to be a Scout, no mater their economic circumstance.
* First-class camping programs at H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation and Theodore Naish Scout Reservation.
* Support and training for more than 18,000 volunteer leaders that make the Scouting program possible.
* Materials and program development for the exciting, once-in-a-lifetime experiences that can only be found in Scouting.
* A safe and FUN scouting experience with insurance for Scouting activities.