SPRING 2020 WOODBADGE
The Spring 2020 course will be postponed due to the health and safety of our volunteers. Check out the Fall 2020 course below or stay tuned for Spring 2021 course details coming soon.
FALL 2020 WOODBADGE
The Fall 2020 course will be held September 11-13 and September 26-27 at Theodore Naish Scout Reservation.
View and print course registration form Register Online View the course flyer
To develop better understanding of the purpose and goals of the Scouting program and how they are attained
To learn the techniques of Leadership Training and Unit Operations
To share in the fun and fellowship of an exciting regional-level training course.
What is Wood Badge?
The Wood Badge experience is training for adult leaders from all scouting programs. It provides participants with firsthand knowledge regarding how teams develop and achieve excellence. Participants take part in an active learning process through involvement in planning, development, presentation and assessment. Participants will enjoy a world-class learning experience that will strengthen their long-term commitment to Scouting and provide them with valuable leadership skills to develop you into a better Scout leader!
Who may attend?
All Registered adult Scouters from Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, and Venturing, who meet the following eligibility requirements:
Be registered adults of the Boy Scouts of America (there is no minimum tenure requirements).
Have not previously attended a Wood Badge course.
Have completed the basic training courses for their Scouting position.*
Have completed the outdoor skills training programs appropriate for their Scouting positions.*
Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment. Successful completion of the Annual Health & Medical Record is required for all participants.
Attend all sessions. There are no make-up opportunities. If an attendee has to miss any of the sessions they will be dropped from the course and will be asked to return the following year to attend the entire program. This includes attendance at any patrol meetings during the intervening week between the first and second weekend.
Calling all past, present and future Woodbadgers! You won't want to miss out on this celebration of 100 years of Woodbadge and quality training to our Scouting leaders! Join us on Saturday, November 14th, 2020 at 7 p.m. with the location to be determined! A dinner buffet, entertainment, and a commemorative patch is all included for the incredible price of $30. There will be a cash bar available, so “civilian” attire please.
But wait, there’s more. We are making another limited run for 100th Anniversary Woodbadge patch that sold out quickly! (in addition to the event patch). You will get one 100th anniversary patch with your early-bird reservation or registration by Feb 28th, 2020. You can also buy up to five more patches at $5 each. That is TWO patches you could receive with your early bird signup.
You can choose from these three reservation options:
- Register you spot with full payment ($30/person). Includes dinner, entertainment, one event patch and one 100th anniversary patch with your early bird sign-up by Feb 28th
- Reserve your spot, no payment needed at this time. When payment is made, you are registered for dinner and both patches if completed by Feb 28th
- Buy patches only, up to five at $5 ea. But, why wouldn’t you want to come for the fun?
Just completed Wood Badge?
Sign up on the Group Gilwell Park website. It's free and you can find out about all the Gilwell events, the History of Wood Badge, and take a virtual tour of the park!
If you have been a member of Gilwell Park, by completing your Wood Badge Course, then "complete your ticket", and register on the site with your Course details and your Scouting resume. Don't forget to visit the Gilwell Shop, too!
VFW Wood Badge Scholarship Program
- This scholarship program covers Wood Badge courses. Wood Badge is an eight-day training course involving Scoutcraft and leadership skills for Unit, District, and Council-level volunteers.
- There shall be awarded annually three scholarships for each BSA region for a total of 12.
- Scholarships will cover the tuition fee only. The recipient must furnish transportation to and from Wood Badge course locations.
- Applicants must satisfy all Wood Badge course prerequisites.
- Applicants must be VFW members in good standing.
Click here to view and print the application