Reporting advancement is a requirement of the Boy Scouts of America, and entering it directly into the BSA system through an internet portal is the most straightforward way to get it done. Leaders may use Scoutbook, Internet Advancement, third party software, or the traditional paper record form to record youth achievements. Resources are found below.
Advancement & Program Resources
Cub Scout Program Resources
Scouts BSA Program
Merit Badge Program and Counselors
The Merit Badge program allows any Scouts BSA or any qualified Venturer to learn about sports, crafts, science, trades, business, and future careers as they earn Merit Badges. Scouts will also pick up some valuable life skills along the way as they earn these Merit Badges.
Youth, are you looking for a Merit Badge Counselor? Click here to search for a Merit Badge Counselor!
Merit Badge Counselors
Merit Badge Counselors work with Scouts on their selected Merit Badge(s). The Merit Badge Counselor is qualified to teach the Merit Badges he/she offers to teach, usually as a result of a professional background in the subject matter, being a hobbyist in the selected Merit Badge, or having a great deal of personal experience with the Merit Badge. A Merit Badge Counselor must complete the following requirements to be a Merit Badge Counselor:
Merit Badge Counselor Training
Merit Badge Counselor Training can be found online at my.scouting.org. It is also offered at the Kaw District Roundtable in-person. Please note that Roundtable is not currently offered in an in-person format in Kaw District. Please take the available training online.
Eagle Scout Information
Due to COVID-19 all Eagle Scout project initial and final approvals are to be done electronically. In-person reviews can be requested, however availability will be determined by the reviewer. Eagle Board of Reviews at this time can be done electronically. In-person Eagle Board of Reviews are available upon request, however availability will be determined by the board members.
For Scouts needing project review and Board of Reviews in the Shawnee Mission School District area please contact:
For Scouts in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties needing project review and Board of Reviews please contact:
To help Scouts prepare for the project review and finalization, we suggest that Scouts, leaders, and parents review the following information:
- Eagle Scout Leadership Service Project Workbook
- Note: Do not attempt to open this workbook in a browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) or in programs such as Nuance PDF Converter. The workbook was created in Adobe LiveCycle, which must be saved to your computer and opened with Adobe Reader 9 or later. This enables users to take advantage of the enhancements of expandable text boxes and importing images.
- Ensure you have Adobe Reader 9 or later
- Right click on this workbook link: Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook, No. 512-927
- Once the dialog box appears, click on "Save target [or link] as..."
- Another dialog box will appear for you to name your "Save As" file and to choose where you would like to save it
- Once you have saved the workbook on your computer, open Adobe Reader, From within Adobe Reader, click on "File," click on "Open," enter the saved file name, and then enter or click "Open."
- Eagle Scout Rank Application - 2020 Printing
- HOAC Life to Eagle and Reference Letters
- HOAC - Eagle Palm Application
- Eagle Return Information Form
- BSA - Alternate Eagle Scout Rank Merit Badges - Application
Additional Eagle Scout Information
Resources & Forms