Central Region, Area 5, College of Commissioner Service
Saturday, March 5, 2016
Hosted by Heart of America Council
Directions to Cerner Riverport
Purpose and Objectives of the College of Commissioner Service
The Central Region, Area 5, College of Commissioner Service is an annual training event for all commissioners that offers commissioners of the Boy Scouts of America a vehicle for continuing their education through advanced learning experiences in unit service. The College's objectives are to help commissioners expand their skills. The goal of this experience is to promote the increased effectiveness of the individual commissioner. Its curriculum reflects the belief that commissioners who are current in their training and are familiar with new methods and concepts are better prepared to provide effective unit service.
This ongoing training opportunity will benefit new Commissioners and experienced Unit Commissioners. Any adult leader that is curious about the numerous resources available in the Scouting movement is invited to attend.
Degree and Learning Opportunities
- Associate's Degree (inlcudes Commissioner Basic Training) — The beginning of the Commissioner experience.
- Bachelors (B.C.S.) — An entry-level program for Commissioners who have completed basic commissioner training.
- Masters (M.C.S.) — Offers advanced problem solving and administrative skill instruction.
- Doctorate — A two year program (D.C.S.) — Challenges candidates to identify, develop, and present a project or service concept to a panel of their peers.
- Bachelors of Roundtable Service — For Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and Venturing Roundtable Commissioners and their staffs to design new approaches to make Roundtables "can't miss events."
- Masters of Roundtable Service — This course involves advanced practices on how the Roundtable Commissioner effectively fills his/her role.
- Doctorate of Roundtable Service — The two year doctorate program with a Roundtable emphasis.
- Special Seminar Conferences. Topics of interest where the participants will come up with solutions to issues in Scouting.
- Continuing Education (C.Ed) — Continues the educational, expanding knowledge to increase the effectiveness of unit service. Special course for New District Commissioners and Assisant District commissioners
Other Commissioner Resources