!!! ATTENTION NOAC 2015 Contingent Members !!!
- To register you as a participant for NOAC 2015, we need an individual email address from everyone, both youth and adults. The National registration system creates a separate account for each individual, using distinct email address as your participant identification. Please contact Jim Bush at email@example.com as soon as possible with your preferred email address. Once you are loaded into the system, you will receive an email instructing you how to log in, update your profile information, and enter your medical data.
- 3pm Sunday March 29, there's a Contingent meeting at the Central Camp Dining Hall at Naish Scout Reservation. We will cover many critical items for the trip, so make every effort to be there.
Welcome to the official Tamegonit Lodge Website! There are many resources and tools available on this website that will assist you in learning more about Tamegonit Lodge. If you see a link in the text you are reading, feel free to click on it. You may discover something new about your lodge.The greatest source of improvement in Tamegonit Lodge is you, and we strongly encourage you to get involved. If you would like to get more involved, contact a member of the Key 3.
Join our conversation on Facebook about being the largest lodge in the nation and everything else OA in Heart of America Council!
2015 Dues Information
Dues in 2015 for OA members will remain at $10.00 per person. All members, to be in good standing with the lodge, will need to pay their dues at the beginning of 2015. This includes all new Ordeal members inducted in 2014. Units will receive dues renewal rosters at their December Roundtables and OA members not associated with a unit will receive a letter in the mail reminding them of renewing their dues for 2015 during the first week of December. Instructions for completing dues renewal will be included in unit dues renewal packets or in the direct letter mailing you receive. All 2015 OA dues should be paid no later than February 28, 2015.
CLICK HERE TO PAY 2015 DUES!
Tamegonit Lodge was officially the largest Lodge in the Nation in 2014!
In 2012, the Tamegonit Lodge Executive Committee set the goal of chartering as the largest lodge in the country by 2015. On February 7, 2014, the national office sent out a list of the ten largest lodges in the nation, measured by dues-paying members, and Tamegonit Lodge was at the top of that list for the second year in a row. The Lodge achieved that goal at the beginning of 2013. Tamegonit Lodge rechartered to begin 2014, our 75th Anniversary as a Lodge, with a membership of 4,628 members.
- Tamegonit Lodge, Heart of America Council, Kansas City, MO - 4628
- Amangamek-Wipit Lodge, National Capital Area Council, Bethesda, MD - 4245
- Totanhan Nakaha Lodge, Northern Star Council, St. Paul, MN - 3630
- Colonneh Lodge, Sam Houston Area Council, Houston, TX - 3601
- Mikanakawa Lodge, Circle 10 Council, Dallas, TX - 3565
- Shawnee Lodge, Greater St. Louis Area Council, St. Louis, MO - 2953
- Awase Lodge, Bay Lakes Council, Appleton, WI - 2009
- Wauna La-Mon'tay Lodge, Cascade Pacific Council, Portland, OR - 1983
- Unami Lodge, Cradle of Liberty Council, Philadelphia, PA - 1936
- Noquet Lodge, Great Lakes Council, Detroit, MI - 1872
Tamegonit Lodge will retain a second Fall Induction Weekend at Bartle Scout Reservation in 2015
At the October 2014 Lodge Executive Committee (LEC) Meeting, as part of the 2015 budget approval process, the LEC voted to retain a second Fall Induction Weekend that will be held at Bartle Scout Reservation. The 2014 induction event for Troops in the southeastern area of the council was a great opportunity for many of the units that were just starting to learn about the Order of the Arrow. Additionally, the lodge is excited to continue providing service to Bartle Scout Reservation, a camp at which many of our members spend their summers and weekends throughout their Scouting career!
Tamegonit Quick Links
Whippoorwill renovations complete
Renovations to Whippoorwill are complete. Some additional projects associated with the renovation remain, including completion of the storage shed and installation of safety lighting.
OA 100th Anniversary Items and Apparel Now Available
Now Offering 20% off on all Lodge 75th Anniversary Apparel
2014 Tamegonit Lodge Highlights
- 4,525 dues-paying members,
- Tamegonit Lodge stands as one of the largest lodge in the nation
- Conducted 189 OA unit elections
- Inducted 999 new Ordeal members into the Order of the Arrow
- 631 people became Brotherhood members of the Order of the Arrow
- Conducted seven Induction Events with a total attendance of 2,938 people (two Spring Induction Weekends, three Summer Camp Induction opportunities, twoFall Induction Weekend)
- Recognized 35 people as Vigil Honor selectees
- Contributed $40,000 to the Heart of America Council’s operating budget to support camp operations at Naish Scout Reservation
- Contributed 34,643 hours of community service to Scouting and the community at large
- Tom W., a youth member of the lodge, continued his fourth year as a Section Officer, serving as the Section Chief
- Stated a lodge service project to help inventory control and upkeep at the Trading Post at Naish Scout Reservation
- Met our registration goal of 200 lodge members to 2015 NOAC: 160 will be allowed to attend
- Anticipate Gold Level JTE Lodge for 2015