On October 21, Scouts from across the Heart of America Council will gather in Overland Park, Kansas and begin their trek across 6 different faith traditions. Scouts and their families will have the opportunity to visit 6 different houses of worship throughout the Kansas City area and explore the teachings of the prophet Moses as interpreted by each faith during our annual Ten Commandments Trek. Scouts will visit Jewish, Islamic, Catholic, LDS, Protestant, and Sikh houses of worship over the course of a Sunday. There is no cost to attend and all Scouts will receive a unique patch commemorating the event at the end of the day.
Scouts are encouraged to wear their uniform and bring a bottle of water. This event is for Scouts of any age and leaders and families are encouraged to attend. The Trek begins at 7:45 am at Beth Shalom Synagogue in Overland Park, KS and will conclude by 4:00 pm.
For more information or to sign up, contact Norman Kahn at 913-341-4792 or firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP’s are requested.
- 7:45 AM - Meet at Beth Shalom Synagogue, 14200 Lamar, Overland Park, KS
- 9:15 AM - United Methodist Church of the Resurrection, 13720 Roe, Leawood, KS
- 10:30 AM - St. Michael the Archangel Church, 14251 Nall, Overland Park, KS
- 12:15 PM - Midwest Sikh Gurudwara, 6834 Pflumm Rd, Shawnee, KS
- 1:00 PM - Lunch Break
- 1:30 PM - Islamic Center of Johnson County, 9005 W. 151st St, Overland Park, KS
- 2:45 PM - Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - Olathe First Ward - 15915 W. 143rd St, Olathe, KS.
- 3:45 PM - Q & A, Feedback and Awarding of Patches
- 3:55 PM - Adjourn