Eagle Board of Review Chair
Pete Zibers is the Spirit Trail District Eagle Board of Review Chair. Contact Pete to set up your Eagle Board of Reviews -- 816-686-1649 or email@example.com
Eagle Scout Project Approvals
Eagle Scout Project Approvals are held during each Roundtable - the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm at the Cass County Elks Lodge in Harrisonville.
Scoutmaster Award of Merit Nomination
Shortly after the National Eagle Scout Association was established in 1972, it began to make available a NESA Scoutmaster Award. The award was presented to one Scoutmaster per BSA area each year. These Scoutmasters' records demonstrated proper use of Boy Scout advancement, and a significant number of their Boy Scouts attained the Eagle Scout rank. This award was discontinued on December 31, 1987.
The president of the Boy Scouts of America requested that NESA convert the award into a Scoutmaster Award of Merit that could be earned by all Scoutmasters. His rationale was that there is a need for recognizing Scoutmasters relatively early in their work in that position, before they qualify for the Scouter's Key.
Click HERE for the nomination form.
Reporting advancement is a requirement of the Boy Scouts of America and entering it directly into the BSA system through an internet portal is the most straightforward way to get it done. Leaders may use Scoutbook, Internet Advancement, third party software, or the traditional paper record form to record youth achievements. Resources are found below.
Advancement & Program Resources
Cub Scout Program Resources
Scouts BSA Program
Merit Badge Program and Counselors
The Merit Badge program allows any Scouts BSA or any qualified Venturer to learn about sports, crafts, science, trades, business, and future careers as they earn Merit Badges. Scouts will also pick up some valuable life skills along the way as they earn these Merit Badges.
Merit Badge Counselors
Merit Badge Counselors work with Scouts on their selected Merit Badge(s). The Merit Badge Counselor is qualified to teach the Merit Badges he/she offers to teach, usually as a result of a professional background in the subject matter, being a hobbyist in the selected Merit Badge, or having a great deal of personal experience with the Merit Badge. A Merit Badge Counselor must complete the following requirements to be a Merit Badge Counselor:
Merit Badge Counselor Training
Merit Badge Counselor Training can be found online at my.scouting.org. It is also offered at the Kaw District Roundtable in-person. Please note that Roundtable is not currently offered in an in-person format in Kaw District. Please take the available training online.
Eagle Scout Information
To help Scouts prepare for the project review and finalization, we suggest that Scouts, leaders, and parents review the following information:
- Eagle Scout Leadership Service Project Workbook
- Note: Do not attempt to open this workbook in a browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) or in programs such as Nuance PDF Converter. The workbook was created in Adobe LiveCycle, which must be saved to your computer and opened with Adobe Reader 9 or later. This enables users to take advantage of the enhancements of expandable text boxes and importing images.
- Ensure you have Adobe Reader 9 or later
- Right click on this workbook link: Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook, No. 512-927
- Once the dialog box appears, click on "Save target [or link] as..."
- Another dialog box will appear for you to name your "Save As" file and to choose where you would like to save it
- Once you have saved the workbook on your computer, open Adobe Reader, From within Adobe Reader, click on "File," click on "Open," enter the saved file name, and then enter or click "Open."
- Eagle Scout Rank Application - 2020 Printing
- HOAC Life to Eagle and Reference Letters
- HOAC - Eagle Palm Application
- Eagle Return Information Form
- BSA - Alternate Eagle Scout Rank Merit Badges - Application
Additional Eagle Scout Information
Resources & Forms
For questions regarding advancement, please contact the District Advancement Chair, Dan Barnes at 816-304-4590.