District Service Area
The Shawnee Trails District serves the Shawnee Mission School District. The Shawnee Trails District and the Heart of America Council is dedicated to supporting the volunteer Scout leaders in the local Scout units as they provide the programs of the Boy Scouts of America to the youth of this area.
Like and follow us on Facebook to stay up-to-date!
The Shawnee Trails News is a great resources for parents and leaders to keep updated on all the latest news and events in our district!
Sign Up For Shawnee Trails News
With the recent announcement of the "stay at home" order from many of the counties and local governments, as well as the expectation from leadership at the council level. We are either postponing or canceling certain activities and events for the month of April in Shawnee Trails.
April Roundtable will be delivered to you in a virtual format. Harry, Alan, and others are putting together messages for Cub and Scouts BSA leaders. These will be available to you on this landing page on April 2nd so you may view at your convenience.
IMPACTED APRIL EVENTS: -
- Pinewood Derby - originally scheduled for April 4th has been CANCELED. This event will not be rescheduled. Individual refunds will be issued, as soon as possible.
- Scout Saver Card Turn-In - originally scheduled for the week of April 6-10 at the council office has been POSTPONED. Units have until the week of June 1-6 to turn in unused cards and remit final payment. Impacted units have been communicated to directly.
- District Commissioner & District Committee Meeting - scheduled for April 9th WILL BE HELD VIA PHONE/VIDEO CONFERENCE. More info to follow from RJ and Kirk, respectively.
- Cub Day Camp Walking Leader Training - originally scheduled for April 16th has been POSTPONED. This training has been moved to May 20th at Merriam Christian Church at 6:00 p.m.
- Eagle Board of Reviews - originally scheduled for April 16th will be POSTPONED. Eagle Board of Reviews for April will occur. They will not be conducted in-person, and will be conducted via video conference. Please remain flexible as they may not be completed on the regularly scheduled evening. They will be scheduled with a Board Chair and impacted Scouts and Leaders will be communicated with directly with the time and process of the Board.
- Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills Training - originally scheduled for April 18-19 has been POSTPONED. All participants have been notified and refunds will be issued, as soon as possible. Once normal operations resume we will work with the Iron Horse and Shawnee Trails team to reschedule.
- Day Camp Registration Deadline - originally scheduled for April 22nd has been EXTENDED. Day Camp registration deadline has been extended through May 8th.
- Shawnee Mission School District Backpack Build - originally scheduled for April 25th has been POSTPONED. We are committed to deliver the needed school supplies to the district, but may not be allowed to build the packs as the district has closed all facilities for the remainder of the current school year. If this changes we will notify impacted volunteers.
- Order of the Arrow Unit Visitations and Chapter Activities - for April all have been POSTPONED. Contact Ethan, Chapter Chief for questions around OA Chapter events and Unit Visitations.
We will work to ensure that this section is updated with any other impacted district events as well as the district Facebook page.