For the past 108 years, Scouting programs in the Heart of America Council have equipped youth with the tools to prepare them for life. Now, as we look toward February of 2019 and the launch of the new Scouts BSA program, we are all charged with delivering the character development and values-based leadership that Scouting now promises to both boys and girls.
With the launch of the new Scouts BSA program in February, the H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation will host an all-girl camping session July 16-25, 2019 during 5th session in Camp Piercing Arrow.
Using the same curriculum as the Boy Scout program, Scouts BSA is a single gender program – all girl troops or all boy troops. This unique approach allows the BSA to maintain the integrity of the single-gender model while also delivering a quality program and providing character and leadership opportunities for both boys and girls.
It’s important to note that Scouts BSA programs are not co-ed and all summer camping policies and procedures will reinforce this single-gender model.
In an effort to transition us towards this important program enhancement, the Heart of America Council’s Camping Committee has established a comprehensive camping strategy for 2019 to ensure that our programs remain single-gender and that every Scout receives an unparalleled and quality Scouting experience.
• Scouts BSA all-girl troops will have the opportunity to camp at the H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation in 2019. An all-girl, 10-day session will be held during 5th session (July 16-25, 2019) in Camp Piercing Arrow.
• This first of its kind 10-day session will feature the same great activities and premier camping experience expected from the H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation.
• Scouts BSA all-boy troops camping 5th session will be required to camp in either Sawmill or Lone Star.
Call 816.942.9333 to reserve your spot
Fees for All-Girl Session:
In an effort to give every girl the opportunity to attend, we're offering a special half off the normal price to attend Bartle for those registered by April 1, 2019.
|| Youth Registered by April 1, 2019
|| Youth Registered after April 1, 2019
|| Full-time Adults ($50 for Part-Time Leaders)
|| $50 Due at Draw for all Youth & Adults
|| Half Payment Due $62.50 or $100
|| Full Payment Due $62.50 or $100
HONOR CAMPING AND LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS:
• Beginning February 1, 2019, girls registered as youth members of Scouts BSA will be eligible to be elected to the Order of the Arrow’s Tamegonit Lodge based on the policies and procedures set forth by the National OA organization.
• The Tribe of Mic-O-Say has established a committee to enhance the program to include girls registered as members of Scouts BSA. Girls will be held to the same membership requirements including rank, age, grade, and summer camping participation.
• In 2019, there will not be availability for girl troops to camp at the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome girl troops to Camp Naish in future years.
• The Heart of America Council’s Camping Committee will develop a strategy for the 2020 summer camping season based on the number of girls and all-girl troops registered by June 30, 2019.