The Council Annual Recognition Banquet is held annually to recognize the volunteers of the Heart of America Council. The highlight of the evening is the presentation of the Silver Beaver Award, the highest recognition presented on the council level. In addition, other high level awards will be presented or recognized during the banquet.
Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 6:30 pm
Overland Park Convention Center - Ballroom B & C (6000 College Blvd, Overland Park, Kansas 66211)
Purchase a complete Table of 10 for $400.00 (savings of $50.00). A table will be reserved in your name for assigned seating at the Banquet.
Purchase an Individual Ticket for $45.00.
Please check this page after September 15th to begin purchasing tickets.
2016 Silver Beaver Recipients
- Troy Stigall - Big Muddy District
- Bud Hastings - Blue Elk District
- Gene Meyer - Blue Elk District
- Verlee Gilkerson - Golden Eagle District
- Jim Peavey - Golden Eagle District
- Larry Strickland - Kaw District
- Scott Hess - High Trail District
- Bill O'Connor - Iron Horse District
- Kevin Templin - Lone Bear District
- Sam Valenti - Pioneer Trails District
- Don Deshler - Council
- Scott Smith - Pelathe District
- Steven Ranzenberger - Mormon Trail District
- Gary Sachs - Northern Lights District
- Gregg Riess - Council
- Roger Johnson - Shawnee Trails District
- Blake Williams - Soaring Eagle District
- Tom Hines - Spirit Trail District
- Bradley Fountain - Soaring Eagle District
The Whitney M. Young, Jr. Service Award
This award is presented in recognition of outstanding service by an individual or organization for demonstrated involvement in the development and implementation of Scouting opportunities for youth from rural or low-income urban backgrounds — this is in fulfillment of Dr. Young's dream of justice and equality for all.
- To Be Announced, 2016 Whitney M. Young, Jr. Award recipient