Welcome to the official Tamegonit Lodge Website! There are many resources and tools available on this website that will assist you in learning more about Tamegonit Lodge. If you see a link in the text you are reading, feel free to click on it. You may discover something new about your lodge.The greatest source of improvement in Tamegonit Lodge is you, and we strongly encourage you to get involved. If you would like to get more involved, contact a member of the Key 3.
Join our conversation on Facebook about being the largest lodge in the nation and everything else OA in Heart of America Council!
2016 Dues Information
Earlier this year, the Tamegonit Lodge Executive Committee voted to raise annual dues from $10 to $15, effective January 1st, 2016. This is the first time in over a decade that Lodge has chosen to raise the annual dues. When dues renewal packets are released to units through roundtable, all Troops and Teams will be expected to pay the updated fee. The purpose of this change is to further improve our program while maintaining the infrastructure Tamegonit Lodge has worked so hard to build over its 76 year tenure in the council. Any questions can be directed at the Lodge Staff Adviser, Scott Weaver, or the OA Assistant.
Tamegonit Lodge was officially the largest Lodge in the Nation in 2014!
In 2012, the Tamegonit Lodge Executive Committee set the goal of chartering as the largest lodge in the country by 2015. On February 7, 2014, the national office sent out a list of the ten largest lodges in the nation, measured by dues-paying members, and Tamegonit Lodge was at the top of that list for the second year in a row. The Lodge achieved that goal at the beginning of 2013. Tamegonit Lodge rechartered to begin 2014, our 75th Anniversary as a Lodge, with a membership of 4,628 members.
- Tamegonit Lodge, Heart of America Council, Kansas City, MO - 4628
- Amangamek-Wipit Lodge, National Capital Area Council, Bethesda, MD - 4245
- Totanhan Nakaha Lodge, Northern Star Council, St. Paul, MN - 3630
- Colonneh Lodge, Sam Houston Area Council, Houston, TX - 3601
- Mikanakawa Lodge, Circle 10 Council, Dallas, TX - 3565
- Shawnee Lodge, Greater St. Louis Area Council, St. Louis, MO - 2953
- Awase Lodge, Bay Lakes Council, Appleton, WI - 2009
- Wauna La-Mon'tay Lodge, Cascade Pacific Council, Portland, OR - 1983
- Unami Lodge, Cradle of Liberty Council, Philadelphia, PA - 1936
- Noquet Lodge, Great Lakes Council, Detroit, MI - 1872
Tamegonit Quick Links
OA 100th Anniversary Items and Apparel Now Available
Now Offering 20% off on all Lodge 75th Anniversary Apparel
2014 Tamegonit Lodge Highlights
- 4,525 dues-paying members,
- Tamegonit Lodge stands as one of the largest lodge in the nation
- Conducted 189 OA unit elections
- Inducted 999 new Ordeal members into the Order of the Arrow
- 631 people became Brotherhood members of the Order of the Arrow
- Conducted seven Induction Events with a total attendance of 2,938 people (two Spring Induction Weekends, three Summer Camp Induction opportunities, twoFall Induction Weekend)
- Recognized 35 people as Vigil Honor selectees
- Contributed $40,000 to the Heart of America Council’s operating budget to support camp operations at Naish Scout Reservation
- Contributed 34,643 hours of community service to Scouting and the community at large
- Tom W., a youth member of the lodge, continued his fourth year as a Section Officer, serving as the Section Chief
- Stated a lodge service project to help inventory control and upkeep at the Trading Post at Naish Scout Reservation
- Met our registration goal of 200 lodge members to 2015 NOAC: 160 will be allowed to attend
- Anticipate Gold Level JTE Lodge for 2015