Welcome to the official Tamegonit Lodge Website! There are many resources and tools available on this website that will assist you in learning more about Tamegonit Lodge. If you see a link in the text you are reading, feel free to click on it. You may discover something new about your lodge.The greatest source of improvement in Tamegonit Lodge is you, and we strongly encourage you to get involved. If you would like to get more involved, contact a member of the Key 3.
Join our conversation on Facebook about being the largest lodge in the nation and everything else OA in Heart of America Council!
2014 Winter Banquet - Register Soon!
Make sure to reserve your spot at the 75th Anniversary Winter Banquet on January 4, 2014. The Early Bird registration of $35/person ends on Monday, December 23 at 5:00 p.m. From December 24-30, the fee is $40, so make sure to get your reservation in NOW!
At the Winter Banquet, we will be featuring several new items for sale at the Trading Post commemorating the 75th Anniversary of Tamegonit Lodge. From t-shirts and hats to sweatshirts and jackets, we will likely have something for our members of all ages and interests!
Program features throughout the night will include a Silent Auction, Chapter and Lodge Committee Booths, dinner featuring Kansas City Strip Steak as the main entree (vegetarian options available), and a retrospective of the lodge featuring awards and recognitions for 2013 and installation of the 2014 Lodge Officers.
For more information about the Winter Banquet, download the Reservation flyer here!
To register for the Winter Banquet online, click Register NOW!
We're looking forward to a great Banquet and want you and as many other Arrowmen as you can bring with you to join us on January 4 at the Uptown Theater in Kansas City. It's going to be a great kick-off to what will be one of the biggest and most exciting years in the history of Tamegonit Lodge.
2014 Dues & ArrowPass Information
Dues in 2014 for OA members will remain at $10.00 per person. All members, to be in good standing with the lodge, will need to pay their dues at the beginning of 2014. This includes all new Ordeal members inducted in 2013. You can now make your 2014 OA Dues payment online! Units will receive dues renewal rosters at their December Roundtables and OA members not associated with a unit will receive a letter in the mail reminding them of renewing their dues for 2014 during the first week of December. Instructions for completing dues renewal will be included in unit dues renewal packets or in the direct letter mailing you receive.
The 2014 ArrowPass is available for purchase online through December 23 at 5:00 p.m.! Purchasing the ArrowPass along with paying your 2014 OA dues provides you the following benefits:
1. You pay a discounted price on six lodge events next year: Winter Banquet, Spring Induction #1, Spring Induction #2, Fall Induction #1, Fall Induction #2, and the 75th Anniversary Celebration.
2. The ArrowPass registers you for the six events mentioned above; you do not have to fill out registration forms again next year for these events.
3. Individuals who purchase the ArrowPass will receive a 2014 ArrowPass patch. The final patch will be similar to the design displayed here. Patches will be available at the 2014 Winter Banquet.
Download the ArrowPass Registration Form and send it in to the Council Office or drop it off to the Council Office at your convenience. Mailed ArrowPass Registration must be postmarked by December 23; ArrowPass Registrations walked into the office must be received in the office by December 23 at 5:00 p.m.
Tamegonit Lodge adds a second Fall Induction Weekend in 2014 at Bartle Scout Reservation
At the October Lodge Executive Committee (LEC) Meeting, as part of the 2014 budget approval process, the LEC voted to add a second Fall Induction Weekend to it's schedule in 2014. The second Fall Induction Weekend will be held at Bartle Scout Reservation. The lodge is looking forward to offering an induction event to the troops in the southeastern area of the council. This will be a closer locale for many of the units just starting to learn about the Order of the Arrow. Additionally, the lodge is excited to have the opportunity to provide service to Bartle Scout Reservation, a camp at which many of our members spend their summers and weekends throughout their Scouting career!
Tamegonit Quick Links
Top 10 OA Lodges by Membership - 2013
- Tamegonit Lodge, Heart of America Council, Kansas City, KS - 4501
- Amangamek-Wipit Lodge, National Capital Area Council, Bethesda, MD - 4288
- Totanhan Nakaha Lodge, Northern Star Council, St. Paul, MN - 3612
- Shawnee Lodge, Greater St. Louis Area Council, St. Louis, MO - 3589
- Mikanakawa Lodge, Circle 10 Council, Dallas, TX - 3485
- Colonneh Lodge, Sam Houston Area Council, Houston, TX - 3296
- Awase Lodge, Bay Lakes Council, Appleton, WI - 2038
- Wauna La-Mon'tay Lodge, Cascade Pacific Council, Portland, OR - 1980
- Unami Lodge, Cradle of Liberty Council, Philadelphia, PA - 1875
- Noquet Lodge, Great Lakes Council, Detroit, MI - 1848
In 2012, the Tamegonit Lodge Executive Committee set the goal of chartering as the largest lodge in the country by 2015. That was achieved at the end of 2012; Tamegonit Lodge stands as the largest lodge in the country, measured by dues-paying membership. Currently, Tamegonit Lodge stands at 4583 dues-paying members in 2013 and is looking to hold its position as the largest lodge in the country into 2014 as we embark on our 75th Anniversary Celebration next year. We'll keep you updated when we know lodge sizes after lodge rechartering is completed in late January!