Welcome to the official Tamegonit Lodge Website! There are many resources and tools available on this website that will assist you in learning more about Tamegonit Lodge. If you see a link in the text you are reading, feel free to click on it. You may discover something new about your lodge.The greatest source of improvement in Tamegonit Lodge is you, and we strongly encourage you to get involved. If you would like to get more involved, contact a member of the Key 3.
Join our conversation on Facebook about being the largest lodge in the nation and everything else OA in Heart of America Council!
OA Winter Banquet
Please join us for the Annual Lodge Banquet. We will recognize significant accomplishments of the past year. Its takes place on Saturday, January 3rd, 2015 at the Uptown Theater. Doors open at 4:30pm and dinner starts at 6:00pm. The Keynote Speaker is Clyde Mayer, National OA Director.
Menu selection is as follows:
Appetizers: Bacon wrapped shrimp and assorted bruschetta, Entrees: BBQ Brisket and grilled Tilapia with mango salsa, Sides: Oven roasted potatoes, cheese tortellini, garden vegetables. Salad station and rolls.
To register for the banquet click here.
2015 ArrowPass is now available.
Please select the link for more information: ArrowPass Registrations
2015 Dues Information
Dues in 2015 for OA members will remain at $10.00 per person. All members, to be in good standing with the lodge, will need to pay their dues at the beginning of 2015. This includes all new Ordeal members inducted in 2014. Units will receive dues renewal rosters at their December Roundtables and OA members not associated with a unit will receive a letter in the mail reminding them of renewing their dues for 2015 during the first week of December. Instructions for completing dues renewal will be included in unit dues renewal packets or in the direct letter mailing you receive. All 2015 OA dues should be paid no later than February 28, 2015.
If you have yet to pay your 2014 OA Dues, you can still do so online!
Tamegonit Lodge officially the largest Lodge in the Nation in 2014!
In 2012, the Tamegonit Lodge Executive Committee set the goal of chartering as the largest lodge in the country by 2015. On February 7, 2014, the national office sent out a list of the ten largest lodges in the nation, measured by dues-paying members, and Tamegonit Lodge was at the top of that list for the second year in a row. The Lodge achieved that goal at the beginning of 2013. Tamegonit Lodge rechartered to begin 2014, our 75th Anniversary as a Lodge, with a membership of 4,628 members. The ten largest lodges in the country remain the same from 2013:
- Tamegonit Lodge, Heart of America Council, Kansas City, MO - 4628
- Amangamek-Wipit Lodge, National Capital Area Council, Bethesda, MD - 4245
- Totanhan Nakaha Lodge, Northern Star Council, St. Paul, MN - 3630
- Colonneh Lodge, Sam Houston Area Council, Houston, TX - 3601
- Mikanakawa Lodge, Circle 10 Council, Dallas, TX - 3565
- Shawnee Lodge, Greater St. Louis Area Council, St. Louis, MO - 2953
- Awase Lodge, Bay Lakes Council, Appleton, WI - 2009
- Wauna La-Mon'tay Lodge, Cascade Pacific Council, Portland, OR - 1983
- Unami Lodge, Cradle of Liberty Council, Philadelphia, PA - 1936
- Noquet Lodge, Great Lakes Council, Detroit, MI - 1872
Tamegonit Lodge will retain a second Fall Induction Weekend at Bartle Scout Reservation in 2015
At the October 2014 Lodge Executive Committee (LEC) Meeting, as part of the 2015 budget approval process, the LEC voted to retain a second Fall Induction Weekend that will be held at Bartle Scout Reservation. The 2014 induction event for Troops in the southeastern area of the council was a great opportunity for many of the units that were just starting to learn about the Order of the Arrow. Additionally, the lodge is excited to continue providing service to Bartle Scout Reservation, a camp at which many of our members spend their summers and weekends throughout their Scouting career!
Tamegonit Quick Links
Whippoorwill renovations complete
Renovations to Whippoorwill are complete. The dedication took place during the 75th Anniversary Celebration Weekend in September. Some additional projects associated with the renovation remain, including completion of the storage shed and installation of safety lighting.
2013 Tamegonit Lodge Highlights
- Gold Level JTE lodge for the 2013 year based on 2012 performance
- 4628 dues-paying members, 2.82% increase from December 31, 2012
- Tamegonit Lodge stands as the largest lodge in the nation in 2013
- Conducted 156 OA unit elections
- Inducted 1031 new Ordeal members into the Order of the Arrow
- 641 people became Brotherhood members of the Order of the Arrow
- Conducted six Induction Events with a total attendance of 3188 people (two Spring Induction Weekends, three Summer Camp Induction opportunities, one Fall Induction Weekend)
- Recognized 40 people as Vigil Honor selectees
- Contributed $10,000 to the Heart of America Council’s operating budget to support camp operations at Naish Scout Reservation
- Contributed 22,311 hours of community service to Scouting and the community at large
- Tom W., a youth member of the lodge, continued his third year as a Section Officer, serving as the Section Chief
- Established the Rimrock Trail Crew program to help rehabilitate the Rimrock Trail at Naish Scout Reservation and provide for future trail building projects through a national OA committee grant
- Stated a lodge service project to help inventory control and upkeep at the Trading Post at Naish Scout Reservation
- Established a new committee at the end of 2013 to focus on OA programs to support Cub Scouts in 2014 and beyond
- Contributed $1000 towards Typhoon Relief in the Philippines
- Established a budget for 2015 NOAC to begin promotion to meet our attendance goal of 200 lodge members to 2015 NOAC
- Created a new lodge flap to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the lodge in 2014 to be debuted at the 2014 Winter Banquet
- Anticipate Gold Level JTE Lodge for 2013