Welcome to the official Tamegonit Lodge Website! There are many resources and tools available on this website that will assist you in learning more about Tamegonit Lodge. If you see a link in the text you are reading, feel free to click on it. You may discover something new about your lodge.The greatest source of improvement in Tamegonit Lodge is you, and we strongly encourage you to get involved. If you would like to get more involved, contact a member of the Key 3.
Join our conversation on Facebook about being the largest lodge in the nation and everything else OA in Heart of America Council!
Whippoorwill renovations are almost complete; more to come in 75th Anniversary year
A vast majority of the renovations to Whippoorwill have been completed and Whippoorwill have already been in use at the Spring Inductions Weekends. Over the next few months, there are some additional projects attached to the renovation that will round out this project, including completion of a storage shed nearby, installation of safety lighting, and seeding and dirt work.
A dedication ceremony for Whippoorwill will be held at the 75th Anniversary Celebration Weekend in September. Beyond the dedication ceremony, we will have the National Chief and Central Region Chief in attendance throughout the weekend, the Vigil Call will be held, and many other exciting activities to keep you busy all weekend long. Click here for more on Whippoorwill and the 75th Anniversary Celebration Weekend.
Tamegonit Lodge officially the largest Lodge in the Nation in 2014!
On February 7, 2014, the national office sent out a list of the ten largest lodges in the nation, measured by dues-paying members, and Tamegonit Lodge was at the top of that list for the second year in a row. In 2012, the Tamegonit Lodge Executive Committee set the goal of chartering as the largest lodge in the country by 2015. The Lodge achieved that goal at the beginning of 2013. Tamegonit Lodge rechartered to begin 2014, our 75th Anniversary as a Lodge, with a membership of 4628 members. The ten largest lodges in the country remain the same from 2013:
- Tamegonit Lodge, Heart of America Council, Kansas City, MO - 4628
- Amangamek-Wipit Lodge, National Capital Area Council, Bethesda, MD - 4245
- Totanhan Nakaha Lodge, Northern Star Council, St. Paul, MN - 3630
- Colonneh Lodge, Sam Houston Area Council, Houston, TX - 3601
- Mikanakawa Lodge, Circle 10 Council, Dallas, TX - 3565
- Shawnee Lodge, Greater St. Louis Area Council, St. Louis, MO - 2953
- Awase Lodge, Bay Lakes Council, Appleton, WI - 2009
- Wauna La-Mon'tay Lodge, Cascade Pacific Council, Portland, OR - 1983
- Unami Lodge, Cradle of Liberty Council, Philadelphia, PA - 1936
- Noquet Lodge, Great Lakes Council, Detroit, MI - 1872
2014 Dues Information
Dues in 2014 for OA members will remain at $10.00 per person. All members, to be in good standing with the lodge, will need to pay their dues at the beginning of 2014. This includes all new Ordeal members inducted in 2013. You can now make your 2014 OA Dues payment online! Units will receive dues renewal rosters at their December Roundtables and OA members not associated with a unit will receive a letter in the mail reminding them of renewing their dues for 2014 during the first week of December. Instructions for completing dues renewal will be included in unit dues renewal packets or in the direct letter mailing you receive. All 2014 OA dues should be paid no later than February 28, 2014.
Tamegonit Lodge adds a second Fall Induction Weekend in 2014 at Bartle Scout Reservation
At the October 2013 Lodge Executive Committee (LEC) Meeting, as part of the 2014 budget approval process, the LEC voted to add a second Fall Induction Weekend to it's schedule in 2014. The second Fall Induction Weekend will be held at Bartle Scout Reservation. The lodge is looking forward to offering an induction event to the troops in the southeastern area of the council. This will be a closer locale for many of the units just starting to learn about the Order of the Arrow. Additionally, the lodge is excited to have the opportunity to provide service to Bartle Scout Reservation, a camp at which many of our members spend their summers and weekends throughout their Scouting career!
Tamegonit Quick Links
2013 Tamegonit Lodge Highlights
- Gold Level JTE lodge for the 2013 year based on 2012 performance
- 4628 dues-paying members, 2.82% increase from December 31, 2012
- Tamegonit Lodge stands as the largest lodge in the nation in 2013
- Conducted 156 OA unit elections
- Inducted 1031 new Ordeal members into the Order of the Arrow
- 641 people became Brotherhood members of the Order of the Arrow
- Conducted six Induction Events with a total attendance of 3188 people (two Spring Induction Weekends, three Summer Camp Induction opportunities, one Fall Induction Weekend)
- Recognized 40 people as Vigil Honor selectees
- Contributed $10,000 to the Heart of America Council’s operating budget to support camp operations at Naish Scout Reservation
- Contributed 22,311 hours of community service to Scouting and the community at large
- Tom W., a youth member of the lodge, continued his third year as a Section Officer, serving as the Section Chief
- Established the Rimrock Trail Crew program to help rehabilitate the Rimrock Trail at Naish Scout Reservation and provide for future trail building projects through a national OA committee grant
- Stated a lodge service project to help inventory control and upkeep at the Trading Post at Naish Scout Reservation
- Established a new committee at the end of 2013 to focus on OA programs to support Cub Scouts in 2014 and beyond
- Contributed $1000 towards Typhoon Relief in the Philippines
- Established a budget for 2015 NOAC to begin promotion to meet our attendance goal of 200 lodge members to 2015 NOAC
- Created a new lodge flap to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the lodge in 2014 to be debuted at the 2014 Winter Banquet
- Anticipate Gold Level JTE Lodge for 2013