Webelos Resident Camp
Not sure what Webelos Camp is all about? Are you looking for flyers to distribute to your Webelos Den Leaders, parents and Webelos to answer some questions about Webelos Camp? Check out our WEBELOS CAMP PREVIEW FLYER and 2014 WEBELOS CAMP ADVENTURE GUIDE and the 2014 WEBELOS LEADER'S GUIDE.
Register online for Webelos Camp beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, January 12, 2015 until all sessions reach capacity**. You will be able to see the number of slots remaining per session and start the Webelos Camp registration process by clicking on Webelos Camp 2015 at the top of the page then scrolling to the bottom of the page. **Online registration will be available until Webelos Camp has met its predetermined capacity OR through Monday, March 30, 2015 at 5:00 p.m., whichever comes first. After that, you will need to sign-up campers for Webelos Camp by contacting Cheri Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 Webelos Camp Sessions
||June 28-30, 2015
||July 19-21, 2015
||July 5-7, 2015
||July 23-25, 2015
||July 9-11, 2015
||July 26-28, 2015
||July 12-14, 2015
||July 30 - Aug 1, 2015
||July 16-18, 2015
- We will only collect the $50.00 non-refundable deposit per full-time camper fee up process. When you submit your roster along with your final payment, you will be able to add part-time Webelos Camp leaders at this time. You should be prepared to enter the following information when you enter the online Webelos Camp registration page:
- The total number of all full-time youth and adult campers your unit is signing-up
- Credit Card or Debit Card payment information *Due to changes in policy by our online registration vendor, online check payment (ACH) is no longer available from them as a payment option. If you have concerns about payment options due this change, please contact Cheri Williams at email@example.com or 816.569.4930 to discuss other options.
- Primary and Secondary Webelos Camp Contact Person Information (strongly recommended to be individuals going to Webelos Camp)
- The 2015 Webelos Camp fees are TBD for each Webelos Scout and TBD for each leader if paid on or before the final payment date of April 29, 2015. If your registration is received after April 29, 2015, the camp fee is then TBD for each Webelos Scout and each leader registered.
- There are no part-time youth campers at Webelos Camp.
- All youth campers and adult leaders (both full-time and part-time adult campers) attending Webelos Camp must be registered members of the BSA. There are no exceptions to this policy. Please ensure all youth and adults are registered PRIOR to arriving at Webelos Camp. This will make your check-in much smoother and prevent us from asking unregistered campers to go home until they become registered. Please notify the HOAC Camping Office of any Den Chiefs attending Webelos Camp with your Pack and the Boy Scout Troop with which the Den Chief is registered.
- The names of all Webelos Scouts and adult leaders attending Webelos Camp along with your final payment will be due on or before April 29, 2015 Each unit who is signed up for Webelos Camp by March 20, 2015 will receive their unit billing statement and pack roster along with their 2015 Webelos Camp Leader's Guide at the Webelos Leader's Orientation Meeting. The pack roster and final payment must be submitted on or before April 30, 2015.
- You may review the Council Camp Refund Policy and download many other resources for your Webelos Camp experience at the HOAC Camping Resources page.
- You will be able to pre-order Webelos Camp items after February 2015.
- To adjust your existing registration or for any questions or concerns regarding Webelos Camp, contact Cheri Williams, Webelos Camp Assistant, and firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-569-4930.
- There will be three (3) Webelos Leader's Orientation Meetings for the 2015 Camping Season. At least one (1) leader from your unit who is also camping with you this summer at Webelos Camp should attend one (1) of these Orientation Meetings; a representative from your unit does not need to go to all of these meetings.
- Tuesday, April 7 beginning promptly at 7:00 p.m. at the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation Central Camp Dining Hall, 1100 Martinek Lane, Kansas City, KS 66111
- Thursday, April 9 beginning promptly at 7:00 p.m. at the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation Central Camp Dining Hall, 1100 Martinek Lane, Kansas City, KS 66111
- Saturday, April 11 beginning promptly at TBD at the Heart of America Council Service Center, 10210 Holmes Rd, Kansas City, MO, 64131
Cost, Fees, and General Information
The cost to attend Webelos Camp is TBD or after, the cost will increase to TBD per person. All registrations made up to the time your unit submits its final camping roster will be considered Full Time campers or leaders.
The cost for Part Time Leaders will be TBD or after, the cost will be TBD per day; Part Time Leaders cannot combine days to share a Full Time slot. You will have the opportunity to submit your Part Time Leader roster and payment with your final camping roster and total payment.
These fees cover the cost of all patches for Scouts, program supplies, participation awards, meals, lodging, insurance, etc. Please note camp T-shirts are NOT included in the Webelos camp fee. Also, like Day Camp, you must register to attend camp as a Pack, not individually.
Additionally, any adult attending Webelos Camp (full or part time) MUST BE a registered member of Boy Scouts of America.
Sessions have a limited capacity. Any registered Webelos Scout (including third grade graduates) may attend Webelos Camp. Webelos camp programs are conducted during the summer at the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation. Webelos camp is a three-day, two-night experience, and contains separate activities for first and second year Webelos.
First Year Webelos program include activities which introduce Scouts to an outdoor camping experience. Requirements for Aquanaut, Craftsman, Readyman, Naturalist and Outdoorsman Activity Pins are offered.
The Second Year Webelos program is designed to help prepare older Webelos for their transition to Boy Scouts and Boy Scout Camping. Highlights include a Bouldering Wall, Model Rocket Building and Action Archery.
New Outdoor Skills and Games areas allow Scouts to have fun in an outdoor camp setting while teaching them how to work together. Various certification courses like Youth Protection Training, Safe Swim Defense and Boy Scout Fast Start Training for Adult Leaders are also offered. Knowledgeable Commissioners are on hand to help and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions About Webelos Camp
- How are refunds handled?
- See Camping Resources for the new refund policy. The $50.00 deposit is non refundable but transfers within the unit are allowed.
- Do All Adults have to be registered with the BSA? How many adults have to attend?
- At Webelos Camp, only 2-deep leadership is required, more parents may attend, but it is not a required one-on-one camping experience. However, all adults attending Webelos Camp must be registered with the BSA.
- If one Scout can't go, can another go in his place?
- Yes, just let the Council Office (816-569-4930) know of any changes to the roster, or submit changes with the final payment (see below). There is no penalty for switching one Scout for another.
- What Health Form do I need to attend Webelos Camp?
- The Annual Health and Medical Record with parts A and B completed is the appropriate form. It can be found here: Annual Health and Medical Form.
- How are Campership monies handled?
- Submit the Campership application to the Council Service Center. Once the Campership money has been applied, it will go towards the Webelos Camp bill for the unit. Go to the Camping Resource page to print a Campership form. (Please note the 2015 Campership form will be available January 2015)
- When is a final roster due?
- The final roster is due at the same time as the final payment, April 29, 2015. In April, the Webelos Camp primary contact will receive a billing statement and the current camp roster, if there are any changes, submit the Webelos Camp Event Roster (with changes) with the final payment.
- What if I'm the only one in my unit that wants to attend Webelos Camp?
- Great! We encourage units to sign up together, but if you're the only one that wants to attend Webelos Camp, participants should camp with another unit attending the session you choose. Contact your District Executive or the Camping Dept. at the Council office and we will get you camping!
- What are the swimming requirements?
- The BSA swimmer requirements can be found in the Webelos Scout Book.
Webelos Camp Session Photos
Did you go to Webelos Camp at Naish, but don't have the Camp Session photo? Click here to order your Camp Session Photo! All Camp Session photos taken since 1994 are available!
If you have any other questions please contact your District Executive or Cheri Williams in the Camping Office.