The ONLINE Webelos Camp Sign-up will open on Monday, January 13, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. Please note that we will only collect the $50 non-refundable DEPOSITS per camper as part of the online sign-up process; you will not be expected to pay for the entire camp fee at sign-up.
On January 13th at 9:00 a.m., you can go to the registration website at http://webeloscamp.kintera.org to sign-up and pay your initial $50 non-refundable deposit.
You should be prepared to enter the following information when you enter the ONLINE Webelos Camp registration:
- Total number of all campers your unit is signing-up
- The number of youth campers and the number of adult leaders your unit is signing-up
- Credit Card or Debit Card payment information *
- Primary and Secondary Webelos Camp Contact Person Information (strongly recommended to be individuals going to Webelos Camp)
* Due to changes in policy by our online registration vendor, online check payment (ACH) is no longer available from them as a payment option. If you have concerns about payment options due this change, please contact Cheri Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.569.4930 to discuss other options.
The 2014 Webelos Resident Camp fee is $140.00 per full-time camper and leader if paid on or before 4/30/2014. If paid from 5/1/2014 or later, the fee is $150.00.
Final Payment along with a unit roster of names of those attending camp is due on April 30, 2014. Each unit who is signed up for Webelos Camp by March 25, 2014 will receive their unit billing statement and pack roster along with their Leader's Guide at the Webelos Leader's Orientation Meeting**. The pack roster and final payment must be submitted on April 30, 2014.
You may review the new refund policy and download many other resources for your Camp experience at Camping Resources page.
Camp T-shirts, Rockets and Camp Photo can be ordered online sometime after February 2014.
There will be three (3) Webelos Leader's Orientation Meetings for the 2014 Camping Season. At least one (1) leader from your unit who is also camping with you this summer at Webelos Camp should attend one (1) of these Orientation Meetings; your unit does not need to go to all of these meetings. The first meeting will be held Tuesday, April 8 beginning promptly at 7:00 p.m. at the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation Central Camp Dining Hall, 1100 Martinek Lane, Kansas City, KS 66111. The second and third meetings will be held Saturday, April 12 beginning promptly at 10:00 a.m. and Thursday, April 17 beginning promptly at 7:00 p.m. both at the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation Central Camp.
||June 22 — June 24, 2014
||July 17— July 19, 2014
||June 26 — June 28, 2014
||July 20— July 22, 2014
||June 29 — July 1, 2014
||July 24— July 26, 2014
||July 6 — July 8, 2014
||July 27 — July 29, 2014
||July 10 — July 12, 2014
||July 31 — August 2, 2014
||July 13 — July 15, 2014
Reminder: All campers and leader attending Webelos Camp must be a registered member of BSA. Please ensure all youth and adults are registered prior to arriving at camp. Please notify the camping office of any den chiefs attending with your pack.
Cost, Fees, and General Information
The cost to attend Webelos Camp for 2014 will be $140 per Scout and and $140 per Full Time leader on or before 4-30-2014 with a $50 deposit per person made at the time of online sign up. From 5-1-14 or after, the cost will increase to $150 per person. All registrations made up to the time your unit submits its final camping roster will be considered Full Time campers or leaders.
The cost for Part Time Leaders will be $60 per day on or before 4-30-14 and from 5-1-14 or after, the cost will be $65 per day; Part Time Leaders cannot combine days to share a Full Time slot. You will have the opportunity to submit your Part Time Leader roster and payment with your final camping roster and total payment.
These fees cover the cost of all patches for Scouts, program supplies, participation awards, meals, lodging, insurance, etc. Please note camp T-shirts are NOT included in the Webelos camp fee. Also, like Day Camp, you must register to attend camp as a Pack, not individually.
Additionally, any adult attending Webelos Camp (full or part time) MUST BE a registered member of Boy Scouts of America.
Sessions have a limited capacity. Any registered Webelos Scout (including third grade graduates) may attend Webelos Camp. Webelos camp programs are conducted during the summer at the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation. Webelos camp is a three-day, two-night experience, and contains separate activities for first and second year Webelos.
First Year Webelos program include activities which introduce Scouts to an outdoor camping experience. Requirements for Aquanaut, Craftsman, Readyman, Naturalist and Outdoorsman Activity Pins are offered.
The Second Year Webelos program is designed to help prepare older Webelos for their transition to Boy Scouts and Boy Scout Camping. Highlights include a Bouldering Wall, Model Rocket Building and Action Archery.
New Outdoor Skills and Games areas allow Scouts to have fun in an outdoor camp setting while teaching them how to work together. Various certification courses like Youth Protection Training, Safe Swim Defense and Boy Scout Fast Start Training for Adult Leaders are also offered. Knowledgeable Commissioners are on hand to help and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions About Webelos Camp
- How are refunds handled?
- See Camping Resources for the new refund policy. The $50 deposit is non refundable but transfers within the unit is allowed.
- Do All Adults have to be registered with the BSA? How many adults have to attend?
- At Webelos Camp, only 2-deep leadership is required, more parents may attend, but it is not a required one-on-one camping experience. However, all adults attending Webelos Camp must be registered with the BSA.
- If one Scout can't go, can another go in his place?
- Yes, just let the Council Office (816-569-4930) know of any changes to the roster, or submit changes with the final payment (see below). There is no penalty for switching one Scout for another.
- What Health Form do I need to attend Webelos Camp?
- The Annual Health and Medical Record with parts A and B completed is the appropriate form. It can be found here: Annual Health and Medical Form.
- How are Campership monies handled?
- Submit the Campership application to the Council Service Center. Once the Campership money has been applied, it will go towards the Webelos Camp bill for the unit. Go to the Camping Resource page to print a Campership form. (Please note the 2014 Campership form will be available January 2014)
- When is a final roster due?
- The final roster is due at the same time as the final payment, April 30, 2014. In April, the Webelos Camp primary contact will receive a billing statement and the current camp roster, if there are any changes, submit the Webelos Camp Event Roster (with changes) with the final payment.
- What if I'm the only one in my unit that wants to attend Webelos Camp?
- Great! We encourage units to sign up together, but if you're the only one that wants to attend Webelos Camp, participants should camp with another unit attending the session you choose. Contact your District Executive or the Camping Dept. at the Council office and we will get you camping!
- What are the swimming requirements?
- The BSA swimmer requirements can be found in the Webelos Scout Book.
Webelos Camp Session Photos
Did you go to Webelos Camp at Naish, but don't have the Camp Session photo? Click here to order your Camp Session Photo! All Camp Session photos taken since 1994 are available!
If you have any other questions please contact your District Executive or Cheri Williams in the Camping Office.