Emphasis Programs: May 2016
Below are the activities, programs or campaigns that will be emphasized by the Iron Horse District Committee and Commissioner Staffs. These emphasis programs will change on a monthly basis as the Scouting calendar moves on. You will see anywhere from two to five key topics each month with a brief summary of each and links to more detailed information to support your efforts! This month, these programs will be the primary programs of emphasis from the Iron Horse District to help your unit's program succeed:
- Investment in Character - All presentations are complete. Please make sure you are working in your units to contact every last donor from 2015 and earlier to ensure that ALL your contributors are helping your unit get Free Rank Advancement in 2016. We will be conducting Call Nights to help reach out to past donors as well, so if you'd like to help us, please contact Cliff Ogle or Courtney Swope.
- Pack Key Leadership Meetings - These have gone very well this year. With only a few left to schedule and/or conduct, we are excited about what we have learned. It is our goal to have a summary of information available in June that we can share with the district and unit leaders to help improve our program and support to Packs.
- Cub Scout Spring Recruitment - As you are conducting your spring recruitment events, please make sure to collect new youth applications and fees and submit those as soon as possible. Remember, every new recruit this spring will receive a new Cub Scout t-shirt just for signing-up!
- School Night - The district membership team has begun planning for the School Night campaign this fall and is excited to roll this program out to you in June. Look for more details later this month so that you can be fully prepared to put on one of the best School Nights possible for your pack as we aim to grow our participation in Cub Scouts as a district this fall!
- New Units - One of the strongest ways to expand the Scouting program and offer more opportunities to new youth and families to get involved in Scouting is to start new units. New units serve to give people who aren't currently in Scouting another chance to enjoy the benefits of the Scouting program. As our communities continue to grow and diversify, we will look for new opportunities to expand Scouting to people that are not currently involved in our program.
The Purpose of Iron Horse District
Iron Horse District exists to work through chartered organizations and community groups to organize and support successful Scouting units in a council-defined geographic area. Scouting units within the geographic area of De Soto School District, Gardner-Edgerton School District, Olathe School District, and Spring Hill School District are included in Iron Horse District.
Functions of Iron Horse District
District Leadership & Support
Roundtable Commissioner Staff District Committee
District Executives District Calendar HOAC Home Page