Emphasis Programs: June 2016
Below are the activities, programs or campaigns that will be emphasized by the Iron Horse District Committee and Commissioner Staffs. These emphasis programs will change on a monthly basis as the Scouting calendar moves on. You will see anywhere from two to five key topics each month with a brief summary of each and links to more detailed information to support your efforts! This month, these programs will be the primary programs of emphasis from the Iron Horse District to help your unit's program succeed:
- Investment in Character - We are continuing to pursue our goals for 2016. We have a plan to reach out to as many past donors as possible in the month of June to reach our goal. We are looking for your help to reach out to past donors from your units to encourage them to contribute or to make a contribution yourself if you have not yet done so. Remember the dollars you give are tax deductible and go to support the top-notch programming provided by the Heart of America Council.
- Day Camp - One June 20-24 at Heritage Park, Cub Scouts from across the district will participate in the first ever Iron Horse District Day Camp! We are excited about the program planned for all those Cub Scouts and Walking Leaders coming to Day Camp.
- Cub Scout Spring Recruitment - Packs doing Spring Recruitment should be wrapped-up and turning in applications now. Remember, all new recruits who join Cub Scouts this spring will receive a t-shirt for signing-up. T-shirts will be available at the June Roundtable.
- School Night - Planning and activities have already begun for the Cub Scout School Night Campaign this fall. Join us on June 15 at 7:00 p.m. at Center of Grace, 520 S Harrison St in Olathe for the District School Night Kick-off. We will roll out updates to the School Night plan and share some new plans and support available to you this year to help you grow your Cub Scout Packs this fall!
- New Units - One of the strongest ways to expand the Scouting program and offer more opportunities to new youth and families to get involved in Scouting is to start new units. New units serve to give people who aren't currently in Scouting another chance to enjoy the benefits of the Scouting program. As our communities continue to grow and diversify, we will look for new opportunities to expand Scouting to people that are not currently involved in our program.
The Purpose of Iron Horse District
Iron Horse District exists to work through chartered organizations and community groups to organize and support successful Scouting units in a council-defined geographic area. Scouting units within the geographic area of De Soto School District, Gardner-Edgerton School District, Olathe School District, and Spring Hill School District are included in Iron Horse District.
Functions of Iron Horse District
District Leadership & Support
Roundtable Commissioner Staff District Committee
District Executives District Calendar HOAC Home Page