The Venturing Leadership Award is presented by councils, regions, and the National Council to Venturers and adults who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Venturing Code and Oath.
- Be registered and involved as a Venturer or Venturing advisor for at least one year.
- Hold a leadership position or an office at the unit, district, council, area, region, or national level (as appropriate for the level of the award presented).
- Show exceptional dedication and give outstanding leadership and service to Venturing and to Venturers (on the level appropriate for the award).
- The nomination form linked below must be used for council, area, region, and national Venturing Leadership Award consideration.
- The nomination forms must be submitted by the following deadlines:
- Council: Dates are set by the local council
- Area: Dates are set by the area (see pages 23-29 of our SOPs for guidelines and details)
- Region: January 31, 2018
- National: January 15, 2018
- The nomination forms must be submitted to the following locations:
- Attach letters of recommendation from Venturers, Scouters, acquaintances, teachers, place of worship, etc.
- Youth nominations may be submitted for up to one year past the youth's 21st birthday.