The Venturing Leadership Award is presented by councils, regions, and the National Council to Venturers and adults who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Venturing Code and Oath.
- Be registered and involved in Venturing as a Venturer or an adult for at least one year.
- Hold a leadership position or office on the unit, district, council, regional, or national level (as appropriate for the level of award presented).
- Show exceptional dedication and give outstanding leadership and service to Venturing and to Venturers on the level appropriate for the award.
- Complete Scoutmaster Job Specific Training.
- Complete Introduction to Outdoor Skills Training