- Complete Venturing Leader Fast Start Training.
- Complete Youth Protection Training.
- Complete New Leader Essentials Training.
- Complete Job Specific Training for your position.
Complete a total of 2 years as a registered adult Venturing leader.
Do any seven of the following:
- Participate in a support role for five crew weekend activities.
- Serve on the staff of a district, council, area, regional or national Venturing training event.
- Help with two Friends of Scouting enrollments.
- Assist with a Venturing Leadership Skills Course.
- Serve as a Bronze, Gold, Silver, or Ranger consultant.
- Participate in six Venturing roundtables or Venturing officer's association (VOA) meetings.
- Help organize or reorganize a Venturing crew.
- Participate in two parents' night programs.
- Help support a crew money-earning project.
- Participate in a crew open house.
- Participate in a crew officers' seminar.
* Note: This award can be earned from different programs. For this award a miniature device pins can be worn which indicates the program phase where the award was earned. One does not wear multiple copies of the same square knot, but can wear multiple miniature device pins on a square knot.