- Complete Varsity Scout Leader Fast Start Training.
- Complete Youth Protection Training.
- Complete New Leader Essentials Training.
- Complete Job Specific Training for your position.
- Complete Introduction to Outdoor Skills Training.
Varsity Scout Leader Huddles
Attend at least six Huddles during each year for three years.
Complete at least 3 years of registered tenure as a Varsity Scout Coach within a 5-year period.
- Conduct youth leader introduction to leadership training twice.
- Participate twice in a team leader seminar.
- Participate in one training course beyond Varsity Scout Leader Job Specific
(local council or national level experience).
- Earn the Varsity Scout Leader Training Award.
- At least twice during a three year period, serve as Coach of a Varsity Scout team that earns the National Quality Unit Award.
* Note: This award can be earned from different programs. For this award a miniature device pins can be worn which indicates the program phase where the award was earned. One does not wear multiple copies of the same square knot, but can wear multiple miniature device pins on a square knot.