Welcome to Twin Rivers!
The Twin Rivers District serves a large geographic area, consisting of the following:
- Counties: Anderson, Franklin, Linn, and Miami
- School districts: USD 287 (West Franklin), USD 288 (Central Heights), USD 289 (Wellsville), USD 290 (Ottawa), USD 344 (Pleasanton), USD 346 (Jayhawk), USD 362 (Prairie View), USD 365 (Garnett), USD 367 (Osawatomie), USD 368 (Paola), USD 416 (Louisburg), and USD 479 (Crest)
- Communities: Blue Mound, Bucyrus, Centropolis, Colony, Fontana, Garnett, Greeley, Hillsdale, Kincaid, LaCygne, Lane, Louisburg, Mound City, Osawatomie, Ottawa, Parker, Paola, Pleasanton, Pomona, Prescott, Princeton, Rantoul, Richmond, Wellsville, Westphalia, and Williamsburg
Twin Rivers District and the Heart of America Council are dedicated to supporting the volunteer Scout leaders and their local Scout units as they provide the programs of the Boy Scouts of America to the youth of this area. Click here to view more about our district leadership team.
Current District News & Upcoming Activities
November District & Nominating Committee Meetings Rescheduled
Our November District and Nominating Committee Meetings have been rescheduled to Tuesday, November 13. They will still be held at Paola Free Library, 101 E Peoria, Paola, KS:
- 6:30pm: District Committee
- 7:00pm (or immediately following the DCM): Nominating Committee
District Committee Positions Open
We have several openings on our district committee. If you are interested in serving on the committee, please contact Travis Thompson.
Unit Commissioner Assignments Open
We also have several units looking for suitable unit commissioners. If you are interested in serving as a unit commissioner, please contact Travis Thompson.
Roundtable is part of the BSA's continuous training program, providing a monthly meeting where Scouters learn about what is going on in the District and Council, learn about the coming month's program, ask questions, and fellowship with other Scouters. It is very important that every unit be represented at Roundtable every month, as important information is provided to take back to each unit.
Roundtable is held the 1st Thursday of each month (except June & July) at 7:00pm at the First Presbyterian Church in Paola, Kansas (110 E. Peoria St., across the street from the public library).
Our Commissioners Meeting is held on the first Thursday of every month at 6:00pm at First Presbyterian Church in Paola (right before Roundtable). All Unit Commissioners are encouraged to attend. No Commissioner Meetings in June or July.
The District Committee meeting is held on the second Thursday of each month. It currently takes place at Paola Free Library in Paola (101 E. Peoria St.) at 6:30pm. All committee members and Chartered Organization Representatives in the district are encouraged to attend. No Committee Meetings in June or July.
Want More Information?
Like us on Facebook or search Twin Rivers District, HOAC, BSA
If you would like to receive emails for specific groups (e.g. Cubmasters, Committee Chairs) or just for general information, please click here