Super Hero Academy
Day Camp 2018
June 4-8th, 2018
What is Day Camp?
This is a five-day camp opportunity available to all Cub Scouts. Cub Scouts will come to camp each morning for a week to participate in several different activities and then head home at the end of the afternoon.
Council and District staffs are currently planning the programs for the the thousands of Cub Scouts who will attend camp in the Heart of America Council. These Cub Scouts shoot BB guns and bows and arrows; work on badges and Cub Scout belt loops; cook out; sing songs; learn about nature; make crafts; and play games. If you have not made plans to attend, you should!
The Pack must provide leadership and adult supervision for their Cub Scouts to attend Day Camp, plus provide for the transportation to and from the camps. It is recommended that packs have at least one registered adult leader attend camp for every five to six Cub Scouts. The minimum number of adults required at Day Camp at any time is two, of which one of them must have completed Youth Protection Training. Everyone, including adults, must complete a Health Form to participate in Day Camp.
Day Camp Promotion
Day Camp is the highlight of the Cub Scout program each year! We want to make sure all your boys have the chance to attend Day Camp. So to help you promote the Day Camp program, we will come to your pack to help you learn more about Day Camp, from beginning to end!
- Who can attend Day Camp?
- How do we find out who wants to go to Day Camp?
- What do we do to recruit adults as Walking Leaders?
- How do we pay for Day Camp?
- What is a Den Home?
- What if we have new Cub Scouts join our pack after signing-up for Day Camp and they want to do to Day Camp? Can they go?
- What sort of activities do you have at Day Camp?
- What is the daily Day Camp schedule like?
- If I know someone who wants to staff, who do I talk to about helping on staff?
These and more questions will be addressed during your Pack's Day Camp Promotion Presentation and during Day Camp Information Sessions and Trainings throughout the year.
Day Camp Fees & Payment Schedule
- Units can begin registering for Day Camp online beginning in January 2018
- Scouts paid in full on or before April 26, 2018 - $65.00 per Scout
- Scouts paid on or after April 27, 2018 - $75.00 per Scout
- Scouts added at camp - $80.00 per Scout
- New Scouts (including new Tigers - new Kindergarten graduates) who register after April 25, will be offered the $65 rate at whatever time they sign up for Day Camp.
Soaring Eagle District Day Camp Calendar
Day Camp Leadership Team
Day Camp Director: Sally Jercha; 913-940-7130
Day Camp Program Director: Paul Bertrand; 913-488-8332
Day Camp Staff Advisor: Tori LoGrasso; 816-569-4962