WE ARE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT PLANNING FOR DAY CAMP 2021 IS UNDERWAY! WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AND YOUR PACK AT NORTH STAR DISTRICT DAY CAMP THIS SUMMER! WE WILL CONTINUALLY UPDATE THIS PAGE AS MORE DETAILS CONCERNING CAMP ARE CONFIRMED.
Jurassic Cubs Day Camp in 2021...now one-million and one years in the making!
What is Day Camp?
This is a camping opportunity available to all Cub Scouts. Cub Scouts typically come to camp each morning to participate in several different activities and then head home at the end of the afternoon.
Council and District staffs are currently planning the programs for the thousands of Cub Scouts who will attend camp in the Heart of America Council. These Cub Scouts shoot BB guns and bows and arrows; work on badges and Cub Scout belt loops; cook out; sing songs; learn about nature; make crafts; and play games. If you have not made plans to attend, you should!
The Pack must provide leadership and adult supervision for their Cub Scouts who attend Day Camp, plus provide for transportation to and from the camps. It is recommended that packs have at least one registered adult leader attend camp for every five to six Cub Scouts. The minimum number of adults required at Day Camp at any time is two, of which one of them must have completed Youth Protection Training. Everyone, including adults, must complete a Health Form to participate in Day Camp.
Camp takes place rain or shine, is easy to sign up for, provides a lifetime of treasured memories and is very inexpensive.
Day Camp Promotion
Day Camp is the highlight of the Cub Scout program each year! We want to make sure all youth have the chance to attend Day Camp. So to help you promote the Day Camp program, we will come to your pack to help you learn more about Day Camp, from beginning to end!
- Who can attend Day Camp?
- How do we find out who wants to go to Day Camp?
- What do we do to recruit adults as Walking Leaders?
- How do we pay for Day Camp?
- What is a Den Home?
- What if we have new Cub Scouts join our pack after signing-up for Day Camp and they want to do to Day Camp? Can they go?
- What sort of activities do you have at Day Camp?
- What is the daily Day Camp schedule like?
- If I know someone who wants to staff, who do I talk to about helping on staff?
These and more questions will be addressed during your Pack's Day Camp Promotion Presentation and during Day Camp Information Sessions and Training throughout the year.
Day Camp Fees, Registration, and Payment Schedule
- Day Camp Registration Form 2020 - coming soon. Please register as a PACK! If you have Scouts from other units attending with you, they MUST register under their HOME UNIT!
- Dates: Coming soon!...
- Scouts paid in full with their unit - $70.00 per Scout
- New Scouts (including new Tigers - new Kindergarten graduates) will be offered the $70 rate at whatever time they sign up for Day Camp.
- Day Camp Refund Policy - Please review the refund policy for further information.
- Once Day Camp dates have been solidified across the council, a deadline for registration will be announced. Stay tuned!
Day Camp Leadership Team
|Day Camp Director
|Day Camp Program Director
|Day Camp Staff Advisor
Day Camp Forms