Do you want a fun weekend getaway for your Troop? Come to Naish and pitch your tents on Friday night in North Meadow or Clarks Fork (for free) and attend one of our Adventure Weekend Activities on Saturday. Get in shape for your upcoming Philmont Trek hiking the RimRock Trail...Rent the facilities needed to make your event a great one! Pick your weekend below and see what's available.
Mini Camp Weekends
More information for 2018 coming soon!!
Check-in is held at the Naish Central Camp Office on the scheduled Saturdays listed below between 7:30 and 7:45 a.m. (check-in between 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. for Wilderness First Aid) for all courses except Aquatics Supervision. Aquatics Supervision check-in is held at the Naish Central Camp Office from 6:00 to 6:45 p.m. on the Friday evening of the course.Some Adventure Weekends also offer an Archery Merit Badge course or Advanced Rifle/Shotgun courses. Availability for each program is listed on the registration page.
- Wilderness First Aid runs from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday ONLY. Participants must be age 14 or older. A CPR course is available immediately after the Wilderness First Aid course for a $20 fee to be paid at Camp Naish on the day of the training course.
- Rifle & Shotgun and Climbing run from 8:30 a.m. to approximately 12:30 p.m. Participants must be a registered boy scout.
- COPE runs from 8:30 to noon for the low course - after lunch will be the high course. Participants must be age 14 or older.
- Archery Merit Badge programs run from 8:00 a.m. to approximately 4:30 p.m. Participants must be a registered boy scout
- The Advanced Shooting (Rifle & Shotgun) Programs run from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday; there is no afternoon programming for the Advanced Shooting Sports programs. Participants must have previously earned the NRA First Steps card or the shooting sports merit badge.
- Aquatics Supervision runs from 7:00 p.m. on Friday night to approximately 9:00 p.m. on Saturday night. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday are provided with your registration. A bunk in one of the Central Camp Staff Cabins for Friday evening is also included in your registration for Aquatics Supervision (sleeping gear not provided by camp). Participants must be age 15 or older.
Registrations are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Full payment is required at the time of registration. No refunds will be given for non-attendance of the Adventure Weekend programs. Fees paid are not transferable to another date. A Saturday lunch is provided as part of the registration fee for the Wilderness First Aid and Merit Badge programs only. Adults bringing youth to participate in a Merit Badge course OR Scouts/Adults participating in a Group course may also purchase a lunch on Saturday for an additional $6.00.
Wilderness First Aid can be completed through the Mini-Camp program. However, if you are not able to attend any of the courses offered through the Heart of America Council, you can complete Wilderness First Aid through any of the following organizations: