Below are the activities, programs or campaigns that will be emphasized by the Iron Horse District Committee and Commissioner Staffs. These emphasis programs will change on a monthly basis as the Scouting calendar moves on. You will see anywhere from two to five key topics each month with a brief summary of each and links to more detailed information to support your efforts! This month, these programs will be the primary programs of emphasis from the Iron Horse District to help your unit's program succeed:
The Purpose of Iron Horse District
Iron Horse District exists to work through chartered organizations and community groups to organize and support successful Scouting units in a council-defined geographic area. Scouting units within the geographic area of De Soto School District, Gardner-Edgerton School District, Olathe School District, and Spring Hill School District are included in Iron Horse District.
Iron Horse Mission Statement
The Iron Horse District sets the standard for the Heart of America Council through excellent programming, unit service, and quality leadership.
Iron Horse Vision Statement
The Iron Horse District strives to realize the full potential of all youth by inspiring development, growth, and productivity through Scouting's core values.
Functions of Iron Horse District
- Membership - strive for growth by starting new Scouting units and through new members and adult volunteers joining existing units and working to retain current members.
- New Units - One of the strongest ways to expand the Scouting program and offer more opportunities to new youth and families to get involved in Scouting is to start new units. New units serve to give people who aren't currently in Scouting another chance to enjoy the benefits of the Scouting program. As our communities continue to grow and diversify, we will look for new opportunities to expand Scouting to people that are not currently involved in our program.
- Finance - ensure that the district provides its share of funds to the council operating budget.
- Program - concentrate on helping scouting units with Day Camp, camp promotion, community service, special activities, adult leader training, youth advancement, and volunteer recognition.
- Unit Service - provide direct coaching and mentoring by district volunteers for units adults to help ensure the success of every Scouting unit.
District Leadership & Support
|Senior District Executive
Looking for Roundtable Resources?
All Roundtable Resources can be found on our Unit Service page.
Roundtable Commissioner Staff District Committee
District Executives District Calendar HOAC Home Page