NEW DATE November 9th-11th
HT Camporee – Mountain Man Rendezvous @ Landahl Park (Argo Road)
- Registration Now Open! Click Here to Register and pay online!
- Camporee Leader's Guide Now Available online!
- Camporee Schedule HERE
- It has been two years since our district had its last Camporee! That theme was Steampunk and was a great event along with being well attended. We are hoping for a repeat and then some at our Mountain Man themed Camporee!! We will have some great events for the Scouts!
- The date and location of the event is now re-scheduled for Nov 9-11, 2018 at Landahl Park, Argo Road organized group campground. The event is open to WEBELOS, Boy Scouts and Venture Scouts. Camping is available both Friday and Saturday night. Troops are encouraged to bring WEBELOS as part of their Arrow of Light requirements.
- Some of are activities will include; Axe Throwing, flint and steel fire building, bow and arrow (pending approval), wood chopping (pending approval), animal track identification, conservation (possible merit badge opportunity), fur trading/tanning, blacksmithing and Indian lore/sign language.
- We will have an Iron Chef contest (Mountain Man Stew) and a historian. We are suggesting time appropriate attire, and will have a Webelos program available.
- This should be a great experience for our Scouts and Leaders!
Jan 12 High Trail District Dinner @ Summit Lodge 2409 SW 291 Hwy, Lee’s Summit, Mo 64082
Make sure to save this date, and help us celebrate our awardees of the High Trail District. If you would to nominate somebody for the following awards, please send all completed nomination forms to Daniel Hemphill ALL NOMINATIONS WILL BE DUE BY DECEMBER 1ST.
Jan 18-20 Klondike Derby @ Longview Lake
This is a date holder for the 2019 High Trail / Spirit Trail Klondike Derby. Jim Salisbury is the lead for this event. Start thinking SNOW now!
Feb 2nd Merit Badge Academy
The annual Merit Badge Academy will be held Saturday, February 2nd from 9am-4pm at
Summit Lakes Middle School (3500 Windemere Dr., Lee’s Summit, MO 64082).
There 9 Eagle required merit badges and 26 other badges available, ranging from Aviation to Moviemaking to Railroading!
Classes will fill up quickly so register early. Cost is $9 and includes a patch.
For questions regarding the MBA in general check the documents below and if you still need help, contact Ken Fuenfhausen, 816-537-8877, 816-529-2971, or MeritBadgeAcademy@yahoo.com.
June TBD Cub Scout Day Camp
More details and the theme to come in the Fall. If you are interested in helping staff Cub Scout Day Camp, please reach out to Jesse Miller.
Staff Adviser: Jesse Miller, email@example.com
Day Camp Resources
Special Needs Request Form
Early Release Form
Day Attendance Form
Heart of America Council Activities Link
Discover High Adventure
High Trail will be hosted a workshop for Scout Leaders introducing them to High Adventure all across our nation. This workshop was for Scout Leaders teaching them how to plan, prepare, and implement a High Adventure Program within your Troop or Venture Crew using BSA and Council Resources.
For more information and assistance, please contact Dan Hughes, High Adventure Chair for the District at 816-560-9582 email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to council page: https://www.hoac-bsa.org/community-service
Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Venture Scouts are encouraged to participate in local and council community projects and record the hours donated using the Journey to Excellence (JTE) website. It is recommended you first visit the above council Community Service page to familiarize yourself with the process before logging in for the first time. Recording service hours is quick and easy including setting up the account for the first time. You will need your Unit ID to create the account. This Unit ID can be obtained from your District Activity Chair or District Executive.
Contact Activities and Service Chair for additional assistance, I will be happy to meet with your unit to assist you getting started.
High Trail Activities and Service Chair