As a Cub Scout Leader, and a mentor for the youth in our community, you will find Scouting to be a fun and exciting program for you and your Scouts. The training program of the Boy Scouts of America will provide you with all the basic tools needed to be successful in your leadership position, along with continual opportunities to refine your skills as you become comfortable in delivering a quality Cub Scouting Program.
Cub Scout Leader Basic Training
The Cub Scout Leader Basic Training is designed to be "position specific."
- Pack Trainer - Find out more about the Pack Trainer Position.
- Create an account — this can be done with or without your BSA membership ID.
- If you enter your membership ID, your training records will be updated at the Council Office.
- If you are not yet registered, you can still take training, just print the certificate at the end of each course.
- After your account is created you will receive an email with a link. Click the link to activate your My.Scouting account. This must be done before you can log in. If you do not receive an email, check your spam/junk folder.
- Once you log in to my.scouting, click Home at the top left corner. Then click my dashboard. It will default to the My Training section which was also enhanced providing 4 new tab selections:
- YPT – displays the Youth Protection training courses available.
- Training Center – displays the Scouting programs containing the training courses applicable to the specific program.
- Requirements – displays training courses required to become position-trained for your current registered position(s).
- Completions – displays training courses that were completed.
- Submit your certificate of completion to your District Training Chair.
Cub Scout Advanced and Supplemental Training Courses
Participating in supplemental and advanced training is an a great way to keep your basic leadership skills fined tuned and provides an opportunity to gather new ideas from other experienced Cub Scout Leaders.
Already know what you're looking for? Click below to locate training courses in your area.
Council Map – Find your District
Training Schedule - Locate scheduled training courses
Training Chairs – Locate your District’s Training Chair for more information