Adult Leaders Start Here
Registered Leader Training Initiative for the Next Century
In order to ensure that all youth in our Council receive the best Scouting program possible, the Executive Board of the Heart of America Council considers it imperative that all registered leaders become familiar with the Scouting program, how it works at the different levels and how to implement it, while making it fun and exciting for the youth of the program. All this is accomplished through leadership training. Therefore, beginning with units re-chartering in December of 2009 and January of 2010, a three year training initiative will be established to achieve the goal of 100% trained leaders in all of the traditional units.
There are many training courses that can be taken online at www.my.scouting.org
- Create an account — this can be done with or without your BSA membership ID.
- If you enter your membership ID, your training records will be updated at the Council Office.
- If you are not yet registered, you can still take training, just print the certificate at the end of each course.
- After your account is created you will receive an email with a link. Click the link to activate your My.Scouting account. This must be done before you can log in. If you do not receive an email, check your spam/junk folder.
- Once you log in to my.scouting, click Home at the top left corner. Then click my dashboard. It will default to the My Training section which was also enhanced providing 4 new tab selections:
- YPT – displays the Youth Protection training courses available.
- Training Center – displays the Scouting programs containing the training courses applicable to the specific program.
- Requirements – displays training courses required to become position-trained for your current registered position(s).
- Completions – displays training courses that were completed.
- Submit your certificate of completion to your District Training Chair.