Twin Rivers District Dinner is January 25th, 2014:
District Dinner is right around the corner! This year, we are back at Town Square in Paola, on Saturday, January 25th, 2014.
Help recognize the accomplishments of all our volunteers by nominating them for an award.
The Special Service Award is an award unique to the Twin Rivers District. It is a district level award that is presented to one adult per unit per year for their service and/or support to Scouting. The recipient need not be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America.
The Distinguished Service Award is an award that is unique to the Twin Rivers District. It is a district level award that is presented to any adult registered member of the Boy Scouts of America for service to a unit or the district that goes above and beyond the call of duty. It is not intended to be a replacement for the nationally recognized District Award of Merit. A maximum of 5 awards per year are presented.
The District Award of Merit is the highest recognition a Scouting District can bestow upon an individual. The award is presented to registered volunteer Scouters for noteworthy service to youth. The requirements for the award are:
· Candidates for the award must be registered volunteer Scout leader
· They must have rendered noteworthy service to youth in Scouting, outside Scouting, or both
· A suggested minimum of five years of accumulated service to youth will be considered
· Service to youth and community involvement outside of Scouting are desirable
· The nominee’s attitude toward and cooperation with the District and/or Council will be considered
Nominations for this award come from volunteer Scouters. Please take a moment and consider nominating a worthy
individual for this award.
NOTE: All nominations must be received by John Hobbs at the HOAC office by December 31, 2013 to be considered.
Heart of America Council, BSA
Attention: John Hobbs
Twin Rivers Senior District Executive
10210 Holmes Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64131