Twin Rivers District Dinner was January 25th, 2014 and a huge success!
Congrats to the following award winners:
District Award of Merit:
- Dan Buchman (Troop 100 Scoutmaster, Activities Chair, & O/A Advisor)
- Roger Turner (Troop 74 Scoutmaster)
Distinguished Service Awards:
- Peter Meline
- John Cassida
- Kelly Daggett
- Lesli Mitzner
- Greg Gilroy
Special Service Awards:
- Julie Couch (Pack 3118- Ottawa)
- Jason Cornelison (Pack 3099- Osawatomie)
- Duane Quillen (Pack 3079- Ottawa)
- Bishop Russ Payzant
- Roger Taylor
- Charlie Laughlin
- Chuck Smith (Troop 100-Paola)
- Bob Nauman (Louisburg Community)
“Couple of the Year” Award:
Our district top popcorn seller was Austin Beatty from Pack 3101 selling $1836!
The Special Service Award is an award unique to the Twin Rivers District. It is a district level award that is presented to one adult per unit per year for their service and/or support to Scouting. The recipient need not be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America.
The Distinguished Service Award is an award that is unique to the Twin Rivers District. It is a district level award that is presented to any adult registered member of the Boy Scouts of America for service to a unit or the district that goes above and beyond the call of duty. It is not intended to be a replacement for the nationally recognized District Award of Merit. A maximum of 5 awards per year are presented.
The District Award of Merit is the highest recognition a Scouting District can bestow upon an individual. The award is presented to registered volunteer Scouters for noteworthy service to youth. The requirements for the award are:
· Candidates for the award must be registered volunteer Scout leader
· They must have rendered noteworthy service to youth in Scouting, outside Scouting, or both
· A suggested minimum of five years of accumulated service to youth will be considered
· Service to youth and community involvement outside of Scouting are desirable
· The nominee’s attitude toward and cooperation with the District and/or Council will be considered
Nominations for this award come from volunteer Scouters. Please take a moment and consider nominating a worthy
individual for this award.
NOTE: For 2014, all nominations must be received by John Hobbs at the HOAC office by December 31, 2014 to be considered.
Heart of America Council, BSA
Attention: John Hobbs
Twin Rivers- Senior District Executive
10210 Holmes Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64131