Donate online and indicate Trailhead District.
Congratulations and thank you to Troop 11 and Crew 2011 for being the first units to reach their 2014 Investment in Character Goal! As a thank you for their support, Troop 11 and Crew 2011 have earned over a year's worth of Free Rank Advancement.
So far the Trailhead District has raised $23,000 towards the Family Investment in Character Campaign.
The Investment in Character Campaign helps keep Scouting an affordable and effective youth development program. Funds generated by the campaign are essential and insure a quality Scouting program for all of our Scouts and leaders to enjoy.
Your support directly impacts services like...
- Camping programs and facilities at the H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation and the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation.
- Scoutreach assistance for youth in the urban core of Kansas City, youth with special needs and youth from families with limited financial resources.
- Liability and accident insurance coverage for all registered Scouts and adult leaders.
- A trained professional staff to provide support to unit leaders and a Council Service Center to provide “behind the scenes” support for advancement and record keeping.
- Training for all adult leaders.
More than 35,000 youth across the 19 counties that the Heart of America Council serves are involved in Scouting programs. The cost to deliver the Scouting program to each one of them is $159 per Scout. Scouting needs your help no matter the amount of financial support you can give.
Each unit will have the opportunity to support the Investment in Character Campaign during their unit presentation.You can also give to Scouting through Donate Now. Please make sure to indicate your unit and Trailhead District on your submission to receive credit for your contribution.Units that meet their 2014 Investment in Character goal will receive FREE rank advancements through March 31, 2015.
Our goal for 2014 is to raise $100,000 as a District. Please join the District in supporting Scouting. Your support will directly impact the lives of thousands of youth in our communities.
Here is the upcoming schedule for presentations this month.
||Type of Event
||February 8, 2014
||Rolling Hills Presbyterian Church
||Blue & Gold