The Thunderbird Commissioner Staff is a group of volunteers dedicated to the service and support of the Scouting program. They work directly with Packs, Troops, Teams, and Crews to be a resource to answer questions, help solve problems, provide important information from the Thunderbird District and Heart of America Council, and much more to help provide a quality Scouting program.
Need more information about your Unit Commissioner?
Thunderbird District Roundtable
Roundtable is a resource meeting for units to obtain valuable program information to bring back to their unit leaders and youth.
Resources at Roundtable:
- Monthly program planning
- Supplemental trainings
- Eagle project reviews and Boards of Review
- Opportunity to network with other leaders
- Printed materials from the Heart of America Council
- Information on upcoming activities and events
Roundtable is offered the first Tuesday of each month starting at 7:30pm (except July - no meeting). We meet at Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 350 SW 150 Hwy, Lee's Summit, MO 64082
Merit Badge Counselor Information
Requirements to be a Merit Badge Counselor
- Must be 18 yrs or older, youth protection trained, and registered with the Boy Scouts of America.
- Counselors must also complete Merit Badge Counselor Orientation Training - offered at every Roundtable (1st Tuesday of each month - no Roundtable in July).
- Counselors must renew their membership annually.
Merit Badge Counselor Application
Search for Merit Badge Counselors
Eagle Scout Resources
Eagle Project Reviews - The initial submission of an Eagle Scout project must be made by the Scout. Project reviews are held during Roundtable the first Tuesday of each month (no Roundtable in July).
Eagle Boards of Review - To schedule an Eagle Board of Review, please contact our Eagle Board Chair, Ron DesCombes.
Eagle Scout Resources:
Eagle Scout Rank Application
Application for alternate Eagle Scout Rank merit badges
Eagle Scout Leadership Project Work Book
National Eagle Scout Association
Eagle Scout Certificate Return Form