2015 Knights in Training
Council and District staffs are currently planning the programs for the thousands of Cub Scouts who will attend camp in the Heart of America Council. These Tigers and Wolf Scouts shoot BB guns and bows and arrows; work on badges and Cub Scout belt loops; cook out; sing songs; learn about nature; make crafts; and play games. If you have not made plans to attend, you should! Going to camp is a wonderful part of the Cub Scouting experience, and it helps your pack earn Scouting's Journey to Excellence and Summertime Pack Awards. The Pack must provide leadership and adult supervision for their Cub Scouts who attend Day Camp, plus provide for transportation to and from the camps. It is recommended that packs have at least one registered adult leader attend camp for every five to six Cub Scouts. The minimum number allowed at any time is two, of which one of them must have completed Youth Protection Training. Everyone must complete parts A and B of the Annual Health and Medical Record.
Camp takes place rain or shine, is easy to sign up for, provide a lifetime of treasured memories and is very inexpensive.
Who Can Attend?
Any registered Cub Scout (including kindergarten graduates) may attend day camp.
A New Time Schedule?
In 2015 we will be doing what we are calling Twilght hours. Camp will be starting around 2pm and finishing by 8pm. We will provide a Walking Leader’s Guide for your adults, which will have specific schedule of times and programs.
- Day Camp Registration Form 2015 - please register as a PACK!
- Units can also register online beginning January 5, 2015
- Scouts paid in full on or before April 10, 2015 - $60.00 per Scout
- Scouts paid on or after April 11, 2015 - $70.00 per Scout
- Scouts added at camp - $75.00 per Scout
- New Scouts (including new Tigers - new Kindergarten graduates) who register after April 10, will be offered the $60 rate at whatever time they sign up for Day Camp.
Day Camp Refund Policy - Please make note of the NEW refund policy!!