Cub Scout Family Campout
The Cub Scout Family Campout is an opportunity for boys and their families to start the Cub Scout year with a fun outdoor event. This Overnight campout will feature games and activities for the entire family.
When: Friday, September 26 beginning at 6:30pm to 11:30am on Saturday, September 27.
Where: Unity Village, 1901 NW Blue Pkwy, Unity Village, MO 64065
Cost: $8 per person (including adults and siblings). Cash or check (made payable to BSA) only. No Credit Cards.
Fall Camporee - October 10-12, 2014
All troops are invited to participate in a very active 2014 Thunderbird District Camporee as we celebrate Fitness by doing parts of the Athletic, Personal Fitness and Sports Merit Badges.
DATE: October 10, 11 & 12, 2014
LOCATION: Blue & Gray Park
COST: $8 each for youth and adult
For information contact: by email or phone
Micheal D. Boos, Camporee Chair, at email@example.com or 816-813-4055
Pete Zibers, District Activities Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-686-1649
Kris Krahenbuhl, Camporee Manager, at email@example.com or 816-589-8035
District Recognition Banquet and Silent Auction - March 21, 2015
Save the date for this annual event, Satuday, March 21th. This is an amazing evening hosted at the Armacost Museum we will not only celebrate the individual achievements of those in the district but also all that we achieved in 2014 as a District. Print Registration Form or Register Online.
Items for the silent auction are needed. We are asking each unit to donate at least one item for the auction. We are also looking for someone to host the auction.
Do not forget to recognize those that have made a difference for the youth in Thunderbird. (all nominations are due by December Roundtable, December 3rd):
- District Award of Merit, The District Award of Merit is the highest recognition a Scouting District can bestow upon an individual. The award is presented to registered volunteer Scouters for noteworthy service to youth.
- Silver Acorn, The purpose of this award is to recognize the Scouter that has gone above and beyond the call of the duty. Service to Scouting should be “noteworthy” and individual should exhibit Scouting Spirit and live up to the ideals of the Scout Oath and Law.
- Silver Oakleaf, The purpose of this award is to recognize the spouse of a Scouter who has given of themselves so that their husband or wife could serve the Scouting movement. The individual is to have made some personal sacrifice and the support of the spouse should be “note worthy”.
- Ernie Modlin Scoutmaster Award, The purpose of this award is to recogize outstanding achievements of a current Scoutmaster.
- Merle McConnell Cubmaster Award, The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding achievements of a current Cubmaster.
Check out what's coming up!
|September 13, 2014
|September 26 - 27, 2014
||Cub Scout Family Campout
|October 10-12, 2014
||Thunderbird District Fall Camporee
|March 21, 2015
||District Recognition Banquet and Silent Auction