Thunderbird District Recognition Banquet and Silent Auction
Save the date for this annual event, Satuday, January 25th. This is an amazing evening hosted at the Armacost Museum we will not only celebrate the individual achievements of those in the district but also all that we achieved in 2013 as a District. Print Registration Form or Register Online.
Laura Crotty will be putting together a slide show to be shown at the banquet and will be including unit activity photos from 2013. Please select 10-12 of your unit's best photos of 2013 activities and give them to Laura at Round Table on a CD or flash drive or email them to her at Thunderbirdpictures@yahoo.com for consideration.
Items for the silent auction are needed. We are asking each unit to donate at least one item for the auction. Please direct auction donations to David Bass, our Auction Chairman. David can be reached at 816-447-8375 or email@example.com, or see David at Round Table.
Do not forget to recognize those that have made a difference for the youth in Thunderbird. (all nominations are due by December Roundtable, December 3rd):
- District Award of Merit, The District Award of Merit is the highest recognition a Scouting District can bestow upon an individual. The award is presented to registered volunteer Scouters for noteworthy service to youth.
- Silver Acorn, The purpose of this award is to recognize the Scouter that has gone above and beyond the call of the duty. Service to Scouting should be “noteworthy” and individual should exhibit Scouting Spirit and live up to the ideals of the Scout Oath and Law.
- Silver Oakleaf, The purpose of this award is to recognize the spouse of a Scouter who has given of themselves so that their husband or wife could serve the Scouting movement. The individual is to have made some personal sacrifice and the support of the spouse should be “note worthy”.
- Ernie Modlin Scoutmaster Award, The purpose of this award is to recogize outstanding achievements of a current Scoutmaster.
- Merle McConnell Cubmaster Award, The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding achievements of a current Cubmaster.
2014 Winter Klondike
Saturday, January 11, 2014
Longview Lake Group Organized Area, Kansas City, MO
Friday Night Camping Optional
Online Registration Available Here: http://tbklondike2014.kintera.org
On Saturday, January 11, 2014, you will have the opportunity to embark on an epic journey. I am speaking, of course, about the Winter Klondike. This year's Yukon Quest theme will have you digging up nuggets of fun at the Longview Lake Group Organized Area. Here is where you will find the necessary registration forms, sled plans and equipment list for your crew to have to complete the greatest Klondike Derby Course at Longview Lake.
Think SNOW and work as a team and your sled will glide well and give you the chance to earn new equipment for your Patrol. Top Ten (10) Patrols will choose from New Sled, Dutch Ovens, cast iron pots and pans and much more. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE PRIZES. Top Two (2) Webelos Packs will receive either a gift certificate or gear. Top Two (2) Venture Crews will have choice of gear.
I look forward to each unit participating in the Saturday Program and for the Winter Campers to stay the optional Friday night. Please feel free to call Jim Salisbury at 816-868-0805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Thunderbird District Executive Bennett Dixon at 816-569-4962 or email email@example.com for further information.
2014 Merit Badge Academy
Saturday, February 1, 2014
Hickman Mills Jr. High School
9010 Old Santa Fe Road, Kansas City, MO.
Participant Registration is Full
Click here to print a staff registration form
Click here to register for staff online
Click here to print class offerings and prerequisites
Click here to print general information page
Click here to print special notes page
For questions regarding MBA in general contact Ken Fuenfhausen at 816-537-8877, 816-529-2971 or MeritBadgeAcademy@yahoo.com
For questions regarding MBA registration contact John Monson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out what's coming up!
|December 7, 2013
||Popcorn money due to council
|December 10, 2013
||District Annual Business Meeting
|January 10-12, 2014
|January 25, 2014
||District Recognition Banquet & Silent Auction
|February 1, 2014
||Merit Badge Academy