Click here for our Special invite for our Newest Eagle Scouts!!
What: Join your fellow Scouts and Scouters of the North Star District for food, fellowship, and fun as we celebrate our accomplishments and outstanding performers of the past year. Highlights include:
- 2014 Eagle Scouts
- Outstanding Pack, Troop, & Crew Awards
- H. Virgil Bower Unit Leader Award
- District Award of Merit
When: Saturday, January 24, 2015 6:00 PM Fellowship and 6:30 PM Dinner
Where: Finnegan's Hall 503 E. 18th Ave. North Kansas City, MO
Cost: Early Bird - $25.00 per person
$20.00 per 2014 Eagle Scout
After 1/16/15 -$30.00 per person
$25.00 per 2014 Eagle Scout
Table Reservation: $10 per table for preferred seating (Tables of 8)
When: Saturday, February 7th
Where: Maple Woods Community College
(Campus Center, Arbor Room)
Tigers: Check-in at 8:00 am. Race begins at 9:00 am.
Wolves: Check-in at 9:30 am. Race begins at 10:30 am.
Bears: Check-in at 11:00 am. Race begins at 12:00 noon.
Webelos 1: Check-in at 12:30 pm. Race begins at 1:30 pm.
Webelos 2: Check-in at 2:00 pm. Race begins at 3:00 pm.
Finals: Check-in at 4:00 pm. Race begins at 5:00 pm.
This is the 22nd running of the North Star District Pinewood Derby! There will be fun skits and surprises during the event. There will be a Run What You Brung track set-up, so everyone can race a car and earn a patch! Please encourage everyone in your pack to come and cheer-on the racers.
Any Questions? Contact Sean McCombs (email@example.com) or call 816-505-0383.
Come out and join us for our
2015 Klondike Derby!
Kelsey Short, Smithville Lake
- Fee $8.00 per Scout and Scouter - Payable at Klondike
- Units camping a second night need to pay an additional $2.50 per person.
- Unit fee $10.00.
- Turn in completed roster with fees at registration.
- Camping is available - Friday 4:00 p.m. - Sunday 10:00 a.m.
- Camping sites will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please DO NOTcamp in an area designated for a competition station (see map).
- We will allow you to park by your campsite.
- However, it is expected that cars and trucks will stay parked and not be used to commute around the area. (Staff excluded)
- No ground fires will be permitted.
- Troops must bring an elevated fire barrel if they desire a campfire.
- Two Deep Leadership is required, as per National Boys Scouts of America Policy.
- Scout Law is the rule of the camp
- Liquid Fuel - See National Policy
- Adults are not allowed to assist the patrols in competition.
- First Aid is at Headquarters-Skagway.
Please remember - this is a cold weather campout.
Be sure you and your scouts are equipped and dressed appropriately!
Order of the Arrow, Chapter 7, Rendezvous
Every spring the North Star Chapter of Order of the Arrow host a event to have fun and to call on those that have been elected by there peers to be members of the Order of the Arrow.
Please check your email often!
We regularly email out District Activities as soon as we get the information. However, those emails often wind up in your junk or spam folders. Please make sure you check those as well to ensure you are getting the most current information for your Packs/Troops/Crews.
If you are not getting these emails, and would like to, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to get you added.