Each year, hundreds of volunteers from across the Heart of America Council donate their time to the maintenance and up keep of the Theodore Naish and H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservations by joining the Heart of America Council Camp Maintenance Team.
On scheduled weekends throughout the year, a wide variety of projects are scheduled at both reservations, which include: painting, building repair, tent and cot repair, roofing, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, conservation, and general cleaning.
Work days at both the H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation and the Theodore Naish Scout Reservations are open to all registered Scout Troops, Venturing Crews, and Scouters. Lunch will be provided to all participants at no cost, please register prior to the Wednesday before the workday for your food order.
The youth in the Heart of America Council greatly appreciate all the hard work and support you provide in order to keep both camps in good working order, thank you.
To register for a Camp or the Council Workday please click on one of the links below…
||Council Office Workdays
|January 12, 2013
||January 5, 2013
||September 21, 2013
|February 2, 2013
||February 16, 2013
|March 2, 2013
||March 9, 2013
|May 4, 2013
||April 6, 2013
|May 11, 2013 (Bartle Camp Set Up)
||May 4, 2013 (OA Induction Weekend)
|August 6, 2013 (Bartle Camp teardown)
||May 18, 2013 (OA Induction Weekend)
|August 24, 2013
||August 3, 2013 (Naish Camp teardown)
|September 7, 2013
||August 17, 2013(OA Induction Weekend)
|November 2, 2013
||November 9, 2013
Bartle and Naish Camp Maintenance
Heart of America Council, BSA is asking for your help to maintain our Camp facilities and to prepare for our year round camping program. We have a long list of projects that needs your help in accomplishing and completing. Please sign up below for the day at each camp, which will start at 8:00 am ad end at 4:00 pm Meals will be provided.
Click on the Scout Reservations below to make your reservation for the day.
Bartle Scout Reservation for April 6th Naish Scout Reservation for September 28th
Saturday - April 6, 2013 Saturday - September 28, 2013
Council Safety Training
Working safely may get old, but so do those who practice it.
The Heart of America Council Safety Training is on Saturday, April 20th, 2013. This training includes equipment, tools and RTV's/carts. All registered Heart of America Council members who will be driving a RTV or cart for the council, at camp or elsewhere, will need to attend and be certified.
HOAC SAFETY TRAINING
Maintenance Team Dinner
Click on the link below to register for the January 16, 2013 Annual Maintenance Dinner. Location is at the IBEW Local #124 Union Hall 301 E 103rd Terrace Kansas City, MO. Please arrive at 6:30 for an evening of fellowship and appreciation.
2013 Maintenance Dinner
Maintenance Team Award Recipients
Without your efforts and hard work throughout the years, we would not have two great camps to deliver our quality programs to the Scouts of our Council. The highlight of each year is the awarding of the "Volunteers of the Year" and "Lifetime Achievement Awards". Congratulations to past recipients.
Volunteers of the Year Award
- Naish Scout Reservation - Tim Saint, 2008
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Danny Minnick, 2008
- Naish Scout Reservation - Larry Sisk, 2009
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Craig Jones, 2009
- Naish Scout Reservation - Gary Bloomer and Stan Lloyd, 2010
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Chris Bessmer, 2010
- Naish Scout Reservation - Russell Downing and Todd Whiteley, 2011
- Bartle Scout Reservation -H. Wayne Hoenshell and K. Ed Mynatt, 2011
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Naish Scout Reservation - David Miller and Allan Boyd, 2007
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Clarence Stevens, Bob Moeder and Robert Hedberg, 2007
- Naish Scout Reservation - Gene Adams, 2008
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Gene Young, 2008
- Naish Scout Reservation - Bob Gilner and Bill Whitenack, 2009
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Lloyd Carpenter, Sr.and West Rutherford, 2009
- Naish Scout Reservation - Kenny Long and Steve Campbell, 2010
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Craig Jones, 2010
- Naish Scout Reservation -Bruce Coleman,2011
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Barry Slotnick and Bill Kirke, 2011