Each year, hundreds of volunteers from across the Heart of America Council donate their time to the maintenance and up keep of the Theodore Naish and H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservations by joining the Heart of America Council Camp Maintenance Team.
On scheduled weekends throughout the year, a wide variety of projects are scheduled at both reservations, which include: painting, building repair, tent and cot repair, roofing, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, conservation, and general cleaning.
Work days at both the H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation and the Theodore Naish Scout Reservations are open to all registered Scout Troops, Venturing Crews, and Scouters. Lunch will be provided to all participants at no cost, please register prior to the Wednesday before the workday for your food order.
The youth in the Heart of America Council greatly appreciate all the hard work and support you provide in order to keep both camps in good working order, thank you.
To register for a Camp or Council Office Workday please click on one of the links below…
|Click here to sign up for Bartle Workdays
||Click here to sign up for Naish Workdays
||Click here to sign up for Council Office Workdays
|September 6, 2014 (OA Induction Weekend)
September 27, 2014 (Skilled Trades Day)
|October 4, 2014
October 18, 2014
||September 13, 2014
|November 8, 2014
||November 1, 2014
|January 10, 2015
||January 17, 2015
|February 7, 2015
||February 21, 2015
|March 7, 2015
||March 14, 2015
|April 11, 2015 (Skilled Trades Day)
||April 18, 2015
|May 9, 2015 (Regular and Mic-o-Say)
||May 2, 2015
|September 12, 2015
||May 16, 2015
|October 10, 2015
||August 22, 2015
||September 26, 2015 (Skilled Trades Day)
||October 24, 2015
Bartle and Naish Camp Maintenance Skilled Trade Days
Heart of America Council, BSA is asking for your help to maintain our Camp facilities and to prepare for our year round camping program. We have a long list of projects that needs your help in accomplishing and completing. Please sign up below for the day at each camp, which will start at 8:00 am ad end at 4:00 pm Meals will be provided.
Click on the Scout Reservations below to make your reservation for the day.
Naish Scout Reservation for September 27, 2014 (Click on link to register)
Bartle Scout Reservation for April 11, 2015 (Click on link to register)
Naish Scout Reservation for September 26, 2015 (Click on link to register)
Council Safety Training
Working safely may get old, but so do those who practice it.
The Heart of America Council Safety Training is Saturday, March 21, 2015 at Theodore Naish Scout Reservation. This training includes equipment, tools and RTV's/carts. All registered Heart of America Council members who will be driving an RTV or cart for the council, at camp or elsewhere, will need to attend and be certified.
HOAC Safety Training
Our chainsaw training covers safe practices for handling these potentially dangerous tools. Our Fall 2014 training will be at H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation Oct 10-11. Spring 2015 training will be held at Theodore Naish Scout Reservation April 17-18. Click on the appropriate link below to register for the training you'd like to attend.
Fall 2014 Bartle Chainsaw Training
Spring 2015 Naish Chainsaw Training
Maintenance Team Dinner
Beginning this year we are merging the Maintenance Team and the Campmaster Corps into one organization. The recognition dinner for this new organization and 2015 Campmaster sign ups will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2014. Please click on the link below to register for the dinner. Location is at the IBEW Local #124 Union Hall 301 E 103rd Terrace Kansas City, MO. Please arrive at 6:00 for an evening of fellowship and appreciation and to sign up for 2015.
Annual Campmaster / Maintenance Team Recognition Dinner
Maintenance Team Award Recipients
Without your efforts and hard work throughout the years, we would not have two great camps to deliver our quality programs to the Scouts of our Council. The highlight of each year is the awarding of the "Volunteers of the Year" and "Lifetime Achievement Awards". Congratulations to past recipients.
Volunteers of the Year Award
- Naish Scout Reservation - Tim Saint, 2008
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Danny Minnick, 2008
- Naish Scout Reservation - Larry Sisk, 2009
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Craig Jones, 2009
- Naish Scout Reservation - Gary Bloomer and Stan Lloyd, 2010
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Chris Bessmer, 2010
- Naish Scout Reservation - Russell Downing and Todd Whiteley, 2011
- Bartle Scout Reservation - H. Wayne Hoenshell and K. Ed Mynatt, 2011
- Naish Scout Reservation - Bob Miller, 2012
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Kim Hein, 2012
- Naish Scout Reservation - John Cookinham IV, 2013
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Mark Trammell, 2013
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Naish Scout Reservation - David Miller and Allan Boyd, 2007
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Clarence Stevens, Bob Moeder and Robert Hedberg, 2007
- Naish Scout Reservation - Gene Adams, 2008
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Gene Young, 2008
- Naish Scout Reservation - Bob Gilner and Bill Whitenack, 2009
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Lloyd Carpenter, Sr.and West Rutherford, 2009
- Naish Scout Reservation - Kenny Long and Steve Campbell, 2010
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Craig Jones, 2010
- Naish Scout Reservation - Bruce Coleman,2011
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Barry Slotnick and Bill Kirke, 2011
- Naish Scout Reservation - Tommy Dudley, 2013
- Bartle Scout Reservation - Kenny Dannenbrock, 2013