Bear Resident Camp
Please click here to find out about construction on 118th St. 118th St. will be closed for construction this summer. If you are coming to camp from the north and plan on using 118th St to enter camp, please make alternate plans. Construction is expected to be complete in November 2014.
2014 Camp Menus are online on our Camping Resources Page
Not sure what Bear Camp is all about? Are you looking for flyers to distribute to your Den Leaders, parents and Cub Scouts to answer some questions about Bear Camp? Check out our BEAR CAMP PREVIEW FLYER and 2014 BEAR CAMP ADVENTURE GUIDE and the 2014 BEAR CAMP LEADER'S GUIDE.
Online registration is no longer available. You will need to sign-up campers for Bear Camp by contacting Cheri Williams at email@example.com and paying the $75 per camper fee to the Heart of America Council office at 10210 Holmes, Kansas City, MO 64131.
To order Bear Camp T-shirts (at no charge) go to BearCampShirts.kintera.org
2014 Bear Camp Sessions
|Session 1-Limited availability
||June 1-2, 2014
||July 6-7, 2014
||June 6-7, 2014
||July 11-12, 2014
|Session 3-Limited availability
||June 8-9, 2014
||July 13-14, 2014
||June 13-14, 2014
||July 18-19, 2014
|Session 5-Limited availability
||June 15-16, 2014
||July 20-21, 2014
||June 22-23, 2014
||July 25-26, 2014
||June 27-28, 2014
||July 27-28, 2014
|Session 8-Limited availability
||June 29-30, 2014
||August 1-2, 2014
- We will only collect the $30.00 non-refundable deposit per full-time camper fee at the initial online registration. You will not be be expected to pay the full payment or provide names during this online sign-up process. You should be prepared to enter the following information when you enter the online Bear Camp registration page:
- The total number of all full-time youth and adult campers your unit is signing-up
- Credit Card or Debit Card payment information *You will have an option to submit payment by check to the Council Office but you will still need to register online.
- Primary and Secondary Bear Camp Contact Person Information (strongly recommended to be individuals going to Bear Camp)
- The 2014 Bear Camp fees are $65.00 for each Bear Scout and $65.00 for each leader if paid on or before the final payment date of April 30, 2014. If your registration is received after April 30, 2014, the camp fee is then $75.00 for each Bear Scout and each leader registered.
- Bear Resident Camp is a one-on-one camping experience. Therefore every youth attending camp must have an adult partner. Special circumstances require the approval of a Heart of America Council Representative.
- There are no part-time youth campers or adult leaders at Bear Camp.
- All youth campers attending Bear Camp must be registered members of the BSA. There are no exceptions to this policy. At least two adults camping at Bear Camp must be registered with the BSA; it is encouraged that all adults attending Bear Camp be registered with the BSA. Please notify the HOAC Camping Office of any Den Chiefs attending Bear Camp with your Pack and the Boy Scout Troop with which the Den Chief is registered.
- The names of all Bear Scouts and adult leaders attending Bear Camp along with your final payment will be due on of before April 30, 2014. Each unit who is signed up for Bear Camp by April 15, 2014 will receive their unit billing statement and pack roster along with their 2014 Bear Camp Leader's Guide in the mail. This information will be sent to the person listed as the Primary Bear Camp Contact Person at the time of registration. The pack roster and final payment must be submitted on or before April 30, 2014.
- You may review the Council Camp Refund Policy and download many other resources for your Bear Camp experience at the HOAC Camping Resources page.
- To adjust your existing registration or for any questions or concerns regarding Bear Camp, contact Cheri Williams, Bear Camp Assistant, and firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-569-4930.
- There will be two (2) Bear Leader's Orientation Meetings for the 2014 Camping Season. At least one (1) leader from your unit who is also camping with you this summer at Bear Camp should attend one (1) of these Orientation Meetings; a representative from your unit does not need to go to all of these meetings.
- Tuesday, May 13 beginning promptly at 7:00 p.m. at the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation Cub World Pavilion, 1100 Martinek Lane, Kansas City, KS 66111
- Monday, May 19 beginning promptly at 7:00 p.m. at the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation Cub World Pavilion, 1100 Martinek Lane, Kansas City, KS 66111
Cost, Fees, and General Information
The cost to attend Bear Camp in 2014 is $65.00 per Scout and $65.00 per adult if paid on or before April 30, 2014 with a deposit of $30.00 per person made at the time of online registration. On and after May 1, 2014, the cost to attend Bear Camp will increase to $75.00 per Scout and $75.00 per adult.
We encourage you to register by Pack rather than individually. However, either form of registration for Bear Camp will be accepted!
These fees cover the cost of all patches for Scouts, t-shirts for Scouts and adults, program supplies, participation awards, meals, lodging, insurance, etc.
Sessions have a limited capacity. Bear Camp programs are conducted during the summer at the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation as a two-day, one-night experience. It is designed especially for boys going into 3rd grade and their parents. Each Scout spends 2 full days and 1 night of fun in the wilderness of Cub World. Boys and their adult partner will participate in many exciting activities listed below.
Water Park — Swimming
Theme Related Activities — Crafts, Games
Exciting Campfire with Staff and Cub Scout Participation
Field Sports — BB Guns, Action Archery
Nature and Conservation
Central Camp Trading Post
Frequently Asked Questions About Bear Camp
How are refunds handled?
A unit is expected to pay for the number of campers and leaders at registration. No refunds will be granted after that fee payment is made, however, transfers within the unit will be allowed. For certain circumstances an exception may be made, however, you will need to follow the refund policy to request a refund.
Where is Bear Camp?
Bear Camp is at the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation in Bonner Springs, Kansas. (map)
What kinds of things will I be doing at Bear Camp?
There are lots of exciting things to do at Bear Camp. You can do things like shooting BB Guns, swimming, making rope, making wood projects, participating in campfires, and meetings lots of other Bear Cubs just like you.
Where do I sleep?
You will be sleeping in a 2 person canvas wall tent that includes a cot and floor boards, electricity is not available.
What should I take to Bear Camp?
Your leader can help you decide what to take and what not to take to camp. Your leader has a list in their Bear Camp Leader's Guide, but generally, you should take basically the same things that you would take to spend the night at a friends house plus your Scout uniform, your Bear book, bug repellant, and a few other things.
Bear Camp sounds awesome, can I go?
If you are a Bear Cub you can go. All you need to do is check with your leader to find out how to sign up.
What if there are twins or triplets in my Pack?
If there are multiple children from the same family, only one parent is required to go. Please contact the Camping office for further questions or concerns regarding this issue.
What if I'm the only one in my unit that wants to attend Bear Camp?
Great! We encourage units to sign up together, but if you're the only one that wants to attend Bear Camp, we will find a unit for you to camp with. Contact the Council office and we will get you camping!
What if both parents want to attend with their Scout to Bear Camp?
It is not required for both parents to attend, but if both want to attend, that is acceptable. Just reserve slots for both people.
What Health Forms do I need to attend Bear Camp?
The Annual Health and Medical Record with parts A and B completed is the appropriate form. It can be found here: Annual Health and Medical Record A&B. Bring the completed and signed health form with you when you check into Bear Camp.
Is there a list of advancements the Scout could have earned attending Bear Camp?
Yes, in the Bear Camp Leader's Guide Appendix, there is a list of advancements that could have been earned.
If you have any other questions please contact your District Executive or Cheri Williams in the Camping Office.