The Council Annual Recognition Banquet is held annually to recognize the volunteers of the Heart of America Council. The highlight of the evening is the presentation of the Silver Beaver Award, the highest recognition presented on the council level. In addition, other high level awards will be presented or recognized during the banquet.
Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 6:30 pm
Overland Park Convention Center - Ballroom B & C (6000 College Blvd, Overland Park, Kansas 66211)
Purchase a complete Table of 10 for $400.00 (savings of $50.00). A table will be reserved in your name for assigned seating at the Banquet.
Purchase an Individual Ticket for $45.00. A "Salute to Service" Ticket for open seating at the Council Annual Recognition Banquet will be mailed, if reservations are made on or before November 1st. If reservations are made after November 1st, then the tickets will be available for pick up at the Council Service Center on 9:00am on Monday, November 9 through noon on Wednesday, November 11th, or at the Overland Park Convention Center starting at 6:00pm on Wednesday, November 11th.
2015 Silver Beaver Recipients
- Tamela Cockrum (Big Muddy District)
- Michael Brady (Blue Elk District)
- Philip Gramlich (Blue Elk District)
- William Easley (Council)
- Zachary Shafran (Council)
- Nils Erickson (Kaw District)
- Allen Huff (Lone Bear District)
- Ray Graskemper Jr. (North Star District)
- Lee Perry (North Star District)
- Benjamin Grimsley (Northern Tier District)
- Anthony Grosshans (Pelathe District)
- John Freshnock (Pioneer Trails District)
- Catherine Puls (Red-Tailed Hawk)
- Catherine Albers (Thunderbird District)
- Fred Bixler (Thunderbird District)
- Gene Bellner (Trailhead District)
- Jim Wasko (Trailhead District)
- John Rohrer (Trails West District)
The Whitney M. Young, Jr. Service Award
This award is presented in recognition of outstanding service by an individual or organization for demonstrated involvement in the development and implementation of Scouting opportunities for youth from rural or low-income urban backgrounds — this is in fulfillment of Dr. Young's dream of justice and equality for all.
- To Be Announced, 2015 Whitney M. Young, Jr. Award recipient